Re: Holster Maker Among Us.

Post by williamkevin »

Keith B wrote:(Or maybe they would be BAKING rigs for women?) :leaving
Uh oh......now you've done it! :shock:

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TLynnHughes »

Keith B wrote: I can see it now; RiverRat will be making BBQ rigs for women!! :lol:

(Or maybe they would be BAKING rigs for women?) :leaving
:waiting: :totap: :grumble

T.
Last edited by TLynnHughes on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Better look out keith,

Report is she can outshoot us both. :nono: :nono:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RiverRat
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RiverRat »

I'm not touching this with thirty fooooooot pole. I spent all day chasing my tail, DBA, county court house, etc. I did get a start on a pink BBQ rig for the Mrs. for Christmas, but still several hours from finished.

EDIT: Got her done;

ImageImage

As far as shooting, Mrs. RiverRat can take me any day or night. She grew up on a West Texas cattle ranch. She learned watching her Dad and Granddad shoot grasshoppers of the hood of their pickups without hitting the truck with hand guns. They must have had a lot of time and a lot of ammo........and better trucks than I have. I'm not trying it with my truck!

Edit; her Dad was an Olympic competitor with hand guns in the fifties. He IS a good shot today in his high 70's today. (he carries a 1911 daily but prefers a long gun)
Life member NRA and TSRA

RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

TLynnHughes wrote:
CompVest wrote:When you are ready let me know and I will tell my students about your pink holsters.
I'm not a big pink fan, but if you decide to do black with purple trim, I'm your gal! Let me know...I just love customized gun accessories!

T.

Here you go, T. 3 trys purple...one plain purple....one purple with black.....one purple with white......no black with purple. The flash is doing funky things to the color, sorry. It seems to emphasis the blue and filter out the red in the purples. The purple slab of leather in the top is the bottom photo holster.

I think I can pull off black with purple trim now....black wicks and bleeds, but with TLC should be possible.
Cotton
Life member NRA and TSRA

RocTrac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RocTrac »

Email sent.
03/Oct 09- Class taken
05/Oct 09- Packet Mailed
05 1/2 Oct- Tapping fingers on desk waiting
04/Dec. 09- Plastic came in the Mail.
Primary Dan Wesson Valor
Secondary Kimber Crimson Carry II
Third XDm 9

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I told you guys RiverRats tooling would rival Tucker.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Awesome! TLynn you need one in purple with black trim!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

redoregon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by redoregon »

Some good looking holsters... good job!
NRA/TSRA member
7/11/09: training finished
8/4: app sent
8/12: check cashed
8/22: PIN received
8/24: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/28/09: Plastic in hand

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

CompVest wrote:Awesome! TLynn you need one in purple with black trim!

I know!!! Isn't it FABULOUS!?! RiverRat and I have been PMing for a bit now. When I brought up purple on here, he decided to take the challenge. I love the color, the design and everything! He does some good work!!!

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I want to see it as soon as you get one!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

CompVest wrote:I want to see it as soon as you get one!
Absolutely!!! And I'm thinking I might get this holster for the Spartan I'm going to get this year. Gives me an excuse (not that I need one) to get the gun... :lol:

I'm still just speechless that RiverRat was successful with the purple. He was explaining the issues to me and he worked really hard to get the purple and black! I can't wait to work out the details with him.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gwashorn »

I have been in contact with Cotton now for a while since this thread started. I already told him the first order is a full matching belt, holster, double mag and knife pouch set. I just about figured out the style and combination and now I see this! What I am suppose to do? This is really making me think of not just the first batch but the follow up. Really good lucking style and color combos. Boy we got it lucky in this group guys. Nice work Cotton.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

gwashorn wrote:I have been in contact with Cotton now for a while since this thread started. I already told him the first order is a full matching belt, holster, double mag and knife pouch set. I just about figured out the style and combination and now I see this! What I am suppose to do? This is really making me think of not just the first batch but the follow up. Really good lucking style and color combos. Boy we got it lucky in this group guys. Nice work Cotton.

Gary
Hey Gary,
Don't jump the gun on your design wants. T. just got my motor started with the purple/black. I'm seeing time as my enemy with all of the stuff you could do with custom designs and color you can do in holster leather.....only limited by money and imagination. I can't build holsters out of scrap pieces of leather fast enough to try out the stuff I want to. I really want to try out some abstract tooling designs....I like western floral, but........

The bad news is that I talked to Mr. Tucker at Tucker Gunleather today and he has the copyright on his HF1 holster design, and I won't be able to duplicate it and sell it. He was very gracious and made some suggestions as to changes so I wouldn't be in infrigement of his intellectual property and design rights . The bottom line is that I will have to make a new design of my own. I knew that one was on your list of wants. I'll give it some thought this week and see what I can come up with. In essence, I will have to vary the appearance without compromising the function. No hill for a stepper. It's a new year and I need a challenge. :woohoo
Life member NRA and TSRA

ghostrider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ghostrider »

wow.

just amazing work.
I may just need a new holster.... :-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”