Holster Maker Among Us.

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RiverRat
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Holster Maker Among Us.

Post by RiverRat »

CompVest wrote:Ever consider or try a pink dye? No not for me I am NOT a pink lover, but there is a good market for pink in the firearm industry. A matching pink holster for all of those pink guns should do well.
I did make one with some sort of pink trim for stepdaughter's XD service last year, playing with tooling (sort of came out like fish scales) and four layers of leather......crude heavy weight pancake...... You can drive a truck over it without deforming it. Not sure that's normal ccw need in high demand.

Edit: Just remembered....it was an experiment to how well tooling would stay in a molded holster (tooling definition comes out of single layered molded)....that's why the double layers, so the tooling would not go away. Ah, the joys of old age.
I'll make a pink one. Great idea! :thumbs2:
Life member NRA and TSRA

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gwashorn »

Oh GREAT! Now I have to order a holster or two or three. Need info on your holsters. I have an XD9SC and wife has the S&W642. Also have 92FS and S&W3913 with S&W686 - 6". I love those tooled ones and the medalion. So get me info so I can place an order. I have and like my Bianchi Carrylok. Need some rework on it if you can. I like the retention. Boy those are nice looking holsters. Been looking for a custom leather guy. Looks like I found him. Great work.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

Contact him at: Robert (Cotton) Inks, 1706 Channel Road, Austin, TX 78746, 512-327-5858. cottoni@gmail.com
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RocTrac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RocTrac »

Looks like I'll have to make a call when I get back home. Hopefully a matching belt can be had as well.
03/Oct 09- Class taken
05/Oct 09- Packet Mailed
05 1/2 Oct- Tapping fingers on desk waiting
04/Dec. 09- Plastic came in the Mail.
Primary Dan Wesson Valor
Secondary Kimber Crimson Carry II
Third XDm 9

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Thank you RiverRat for the quick response! Looks like you are going to end up with more work than you know what do with - Wait I know charge more! Just give a discount to Forum members.

When you are ready let me know and I will tell my students about your pink holsters.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

CompVest wrote:When you are ready let me know and I will tell my students about your pink holsters.
I'm not a big pink fan, but if you decide to do black with purple trim, I'm your gal! Let me know...I just love customized gun accessories!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

jbags
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbags »

RiverRat,
Your holsters look really good. After I bought my fist CC holster I decided that I could make the same thing, and give it that personal touch you mentioned. Since then I have been playing with the hobby, making a few holsters for family and friends. I really enjoy doing it. When you work behind a desk, it is a great way to get the satisfaction of building something with your hands. I am out in Drippin, if you need any help. ;-)

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I especially like the one for the Ruger SP101.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

RiverRat
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RiverRat »

CompVest wrote:Ever consider or try a pink dye? No not for me I am NOT a pink lover, but there is a good market for pink in the firearm industry. A matching pink holster for all of those pink guns should do well.
CompVest....your idea has cost me a couple of hours today trying to make pink out of red dye (not paint....this is leather dye);

It's an XD45c....came out a little hot pinkish, but the Mrs. likes it. :smash: Next, one of the cool tooled ones in pink. ;-)
Life member NRA and TSRA

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Wow just WOW! That is incredibly awesome. I am not much for pink but that is beautiful. I know of at least 6 ladies that would love it. I am really impressed. Your holsters are very attractive but your ability to dye is outstanding. :thewave
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

That's really beautiful. As I said, I'm not a pink person, but that color is really striking and if there are some ladies that like the pink guns, I think that would compliment them wonderfully!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

USA1

Post by USA1 »

WOW ! That's so nice , I might even wear it . Well , maybe not , but the leather work is outstanding. :thumbs2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

LostInAustin

Post by LostInAustin »

Great work RiverRat! I am going to PM you.
Colt Combat Commander
Colt Govt Model Series 70
Beretta 92FS

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

RiverRat, great work...... If you can make a high riding OWB for a Ruger LCR I would like to get in line for one.
Salty1

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

RiverRat wrote:
CompVest....your idea has cost me a couple of hours today trying to make pink out of red dye (not paint....this is leather dye);

It's an XD45c....came out a little hot pinkish, but the Mrs. likes it. :smash: Next, one of the cool tooled ones in pink. ;-)
I can see it now; RiverRat will be making BBQ rigs for women!! :lol:

(Or maybe they would be BAKING rigs for women?) :leaving
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”