Best carrying position and holster suggestions

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Best carrying position and holster suggestions

Post by mikeintexas »

beads wrote:That sounds cool will check it out. So does majority I everyone tuck or untuck? I can see quicker draw untuck but better concealment tuck. Trying to decide which kind to get
I almost always tuck.

webb3201
Posts in topic: 1

Post by webb3201 »

second on the Supertuck. You will lose some time pulling out your shirt, but you get fast with practice. I normally don't bother tucking but its nice to have that option.
07/25/2009 - Online application complete
08/16/2009 - CHL Class
08/19/2009 - CHL Application Mailed
08/24/2009 - Application Received
09/21/2009 - CHL application processing
11/04/2009 - Application Approved
11/06/2009 - Plastic in hand

Wisewr

Post by Wisewr »

I have not seen anything on this site about this brand name holster maker, but I just ordered a holster from Pure Kustom Holster (http://www.purekustom.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I got the Black Ops Pro which is an 18 way adjustable IWB tuckable holster and a OWB holster all in one. The OWB position is a stationary FBI cant position. A plain holster is $175.00 which seems like a lot, but think about this, how much would you spend on two quality leather holsters, one IWB & one OWB? I think you'd spend more than $175.00. Anyhow, I don't have the holster yet, but so far Rocky has been great to deal with. Called him yesterday around 1600 and he asked if he could call me back, he called back around 2030(who else does that kinda thing?!)! Maybe I'm just silly, but I think that shows he cares. I've attached a few reviews I found for his holsters. As some of the reviews mention, he was just featured in American Rifleman magazine, so the back log is about to start. I may have gone wrong here, but I don't think so so far. I'll defintley update when I get the holster in.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=239184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

I carry the Split Decision by Highnoon holsters. Its cheap and fits my taste. I had it for a year and half now and its been great and comfortable. I think it really depends on individual taste and suitability. It doesnt depends on the price of the product as well.

sig229fan

Post by sig229fan »

IWB in the summer when tshirts and polos are the norm. During the cooler weather, paddle or belt that can be easily concealed with a sweater or jacket.

DrBillC

Post by DrBillC »

I'm having IWB holsters for my S&W Sigma 9 and 638 made by Mika's Pocket Holsters:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent reputation and a good price. 12-16 weeks waiting period and mine haven't arrived yet. I'm using a Desantis Pocket holster and a Blackhawk Serpa (3 o'clock, FBI cant; yep, I'm left-handed) until they come. I tried them both around the house while waiting for the license and like both really well. The 638 in the Serpa is going to dinner with me tonight.
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (Colossians 3:17)

android

Post by android »

DrBillC wrote:I'm having IWB holsters for my S&W Sigma 9 and 638 made by Mika's Pocket Holsters:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent reputation and a good price. 12-16 weeks waiting period and mine haven't arrived yet. I'm using a Desantis Pocket holster and a Blackhawk Serpa (3 o'clock, FBI cant; yep, I'm left-handed) until they come. I tried them both around the house while waiting for the license and like both really well. The 638 in the Serpa is going to dinner with me tonight.
I'm a lefty also and going with a comp-tac 15 degree forward paddle holster at about 8:00 for now. The major reason is that I can deploy and holster without sweeping myself with a loaded gun. If you've got anything in the front, you better be standing to holster you gun, just in case. Putting a round in the chamber and holstering your gun are really the two most dangerous activities you can perform and are really bad times to screw up.

dlcrouch

Post by dlcrouch »

I have a Tucker Silent Thunder for my XD Service I really like. I'm another lefty and it really feels good at 4:30.

ferretray

Post by ferretray »

I carry a Lightweight Commander in a Milt Sparks VM II. Carried at about the 3:30 mark, just behind the right hip.
A more natural draw stroke is best, especially under pressure.
When I toted a Glock 19 I used Glocks own Sport holster on a nylon belt. Worked great under an untucked shirt. The 19 sat high enough to not worry about exposing the pistol while reaching up for something, etc.,. Excellent, inexpensive setup.
Seems alot of the Glock folks really like the Crossbreed holsters. I'd also recommend Tucker. Great adjustable holsters, and made in Texas!
I prefer my VM II for the quality and tuckable option. The Colt because its flatter and .45 ACP.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”