Kangaroo Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JLaw
Posts in topic: 7

Kangaroo Holster

Post by JLaw »

I picked up a Kangaroo Holster while at Gun Emporium yesterday. For those of you who haven't seen one... http://www.tidepoolwebdesigns.com/kangaroo/. Yes, it looks suspiciosly funny in the photo! :lol: I only wore it for a few hours yesterday, most of the time the Smith 642 was riding in it, tucked away very nicely. I got curious and stuck my usual carry piece, Smith 908, into it and after a quick adjustment, the 908 completely dissappeared! It's obviouly a holster that will require a firearm with a rust-resistant finish...or a standard blued firearm will require constant attention and oiling...due to the location on the body where the gun rides. I'll give a post later on about how the holster does after an "all day ride". It's obviously not the fastest holster to draw from, but with a little practice I believe that it can be utilized well. What I really like about this holster is that it will allow me to wear a nice button up shirt, tucked in, and still be armed! No more leaving the gun in the car when at church, family photo day, etc. for me. Greybeard: thanks for the recommendation of the Kangaroo holster back in March in this post - http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... t=kangaroo
Anyone else have one/like them/hate them?

JLaw

oilman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oilman »

I use this a lot with my Kahr PM9. Allows carry during dress up.

Reysc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Reysc »

I have one and my perfect carry for it is my 38 special snubby 5 shot.. I don't even feel it's there butit can handle mu G26 also w/ no problem. For faster draw try to rig a dress shirt w/ fake button but w/ velcro underneath. In case of "fire" just rip your shirt open and draw. Just like anything else you need to practice!!

Topic author
JLaw

Post by JLaw »

Reysc wrote: For faster draw try to rig a dress shirt w/ fake button but w/ velcro underneath. In case of "fire" just rip your shirt open and draw.
Ooohhh! :cool: There's an idea.

JLaw

oilman

Post by oilman »

I saw such a shirt at the NRS Convention in Houston last year. I have no idea if these guys are still in business...I did not buy one.

From: Rose & Boone Inc, Box 750397, HOUSTON TX 77275-0397, USA
phone: (713)910-4077

What: The Napoleon Shirt is a 100 per cent cotton shirt, and it looks
like any other cotton shirt suitable for with tie or without tie wear,
in long sleeve or short sleeve versions. Put on a bellyband holster
that stores the gun low under the armpit, and then tuck in your
Napoleon Shirt. When you want to get the gun out, lift the (working!)
shirt pocket with your weak hand (it's held in normal position with a
bit of Velcro), reach in, and draw. Where did it get its name? Well,
Tom Rose finally figured out why Napoleon Bonaparte was pictured as
standing with his right hand out of sight... $49.95 retail, comes in
white or several other colors.

oilman

Post by oilman »

oilman wrote:I saw such a shirt at the NRS Convention in Houston last year. I have no idea if these guys are still in business...I did not buy one.

From: Rose & Boone Inc, Box 750397, HOUSTON TX 77275-0397, USA
phone: (713)910-4077

What: The Napoleon Shirt is a 100 per cent cotton shirt, and it looks
like any other cotton shirt suitable for with tie or without tie wear,
in long sleeve or short sleeve versions. Put on a bellyband holster
that stores the gun low under the armpit, and then tuck in your
Napoleon Shirt. When you want to get the gun out, lift the (working!)
shirt pocket with your weak hand (it's held in normal position with a
bit of Velcro), reach in, and draw. Where did it get its name? Well,
Tom Rose finally figured out why Napoleon Bonaparte was pictured as
standing with his right hand out of sight... $49.95 retail, comes in
white or several other colors.
That would be the NRA convention!

eagleeye
Posts in topic: 1

Post by eagleeye »

I carry a G33 in mine at times but have a just aquired a P-64 Macarov that rides real well in the Kangaroo. Can wear with just a t shirt with no problem. It's nice since I drive a lot, access is easy without dealing with a seatbelt etc.

sensei

Post by sensei »

Use mine quite often.. Works well with suit and tie for church carry. But can't take coat off with a white shirt, as you can see thru the thin material.
Very comfortable with my Kahr PM9. The Glock-26 will work also just not as well.

Ray

Topic author
JLaw

Post by JLaw »

Wore the Kangaroo with a Smith 642 all day yesterday, 15 hours total. I only made one adjustment to it early on to get the revolver riding in a better position, but all in all it's a very comfortable wearing rig. Not one that will replace my belt sliders and IWB's, but definitely my best option for carrying when dressing up!

JLaw

Reysc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Reysc »

JLaw wrote:Wore the Kangaroo with a Smith 642 all day yesterday, 15 hours total. I only made one adjustment to it early on to get the revolver riding in a better position, but all in all it's a very comfortable wearing rig. Not one that will replace my belt sliders and IWB's, but definitely my best option for carrying when dressing up!

JLaw
+1...

sjones

Post by sjones »

I have one also and I like it very much.I carry either a p11 or my pt145 in it,it will work for either one.I like western shirts with the snaps instead of buttons and just leave the top 2 snaps undone and it is easy and fast to get to or just grab the shirt where the 2nd snap would be and yank it open with the left hand and grab gun with right hand,very fast and very comfortable to wear all day long.sj

Topic author
JLaw

Post by JLaw »

Yup. I've had mine almost 2 1/2 months now. It's not my primary form of carry, but it works very well for going out with a tucked in shirt and no cover garment. It's my church carry rig, and have worn it to one nice dinner and a few family gatherings. Nothing but praise for the Kangaroo, I'm starting to like it almost as much as the 642 it carries!

JLaw

jbenat

Got mine today....

Post by jbenat »

Just got my Kangaroo today and have been fooling around with it all morning. Glad no one was here to see me. Now I know how a woman feels putting on a bra. No wonder so many women go bra-less.
If you are considering buying a Kangaroo it would be a good idea to buy it in a larger size than the shirt size you wear. I wear a large shirt and ordered a X-large holster & it's a little tight. I also feel it would work better for a person with little or no fat. I'm not real fat but not skinny either. Just messing around with it today, I have found it is much more comfortable on me with a t shirt under it. Which kinda defeats the purpose.
Anyway, I'm going to wear it a few times before I know how I am actually going to use it. Maybe it will stretch out a little. I'm sure it will work out. :roll:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

is it just me or does that thing look like a man bra :???:

Tim the Teacher

Post by Tim the Teacher »

I wear a kangaroo holster every Sunday in church carrying my XD40sc. I stay close to the Lord and my weapon :lol:

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”