WTB: Wheel gun

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
shortysboy09
Posts in topic: 3

WTB: Wheel gun

Post by shortysboy09 »

Would like to buy a wheel gun with at least a 6'' barrel, .357 caliber would be ideal but I'm not set on that caliber. I live in Mckinney and would prefer FTF meet-up.
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTB: Wheel gun

Post by A-R »

So I'm guessing a 4-inch barrel .38 in Austin area won't work for you ... but never hurts to ask (or advertise :thumbs2: )

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
shortysboy09

Post by shortysboy09 »

austinrealtor wrote:So I'm guessing a 4-inch barrel .38 in Austin area won't work for you ... but never hurts to ask (or advertise :thumbs2: )

No, Sure won't austinrealtor. I do however, appreciate your offer!

I'm looking for something I can carry on my deer lease due to the explosion of the hog population. I'm afraid a .38 Spl. would end up just making a big hog mad rather than killing him.

My setup:

Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

shortysboy09 wrote:
austinrealtor wrote:So I'm guessing a 4-inch barrel .38 in Austin area won't work for you ... but never hurts to ask (or advertise :thumbs2: )

I'm looking for something I can carry on my deer lease due to the explosion of the hog population. I'm afraid a .38 Spl. would end up just making a big hog mad rather than killing him.
Yeah, I think you're right about that (shot placement would be VERY important with a .38 on a hog) :cheers2:

Of course, for a good hog-stoppin sidearm, I'd like to have one of the STI "Perfect Ten" 10mm 1911s that Uncle Ted advertises on the front of STI's website .... http://www.stiguns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Perfect10/Perfect10.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, I'd likely have to sell my truck to finance it .... :eek6

Topic author
shortysboy09

Post by shortysboy09 »

WOW! Yea, i would have to do the same as you! That's a nice gun though!

My setup:

Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

SlickTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SlickTX »

My preferred sidearm when hunting is my 10mm auto or a 1911 in .45acp. For a wheel gun, I think I'd go with a .44 mag . . . you don't want to be in a "fair" fight with a big hog.
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

SCone

Post by SCone »

Stainless Ruger 357 Blackhawk with 4 5/8" barrel.... $465

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

SlickTX wrote:My preferred sidearm when hunting is my 10mm auto or a 1911 in .45acp. For a wheel gun, I think I'd go with a .44 mag . . . you don't want to be in a "fair" fight with a big hog.
If its a wheel gun you are after I think the .44mag is a preferred round. I don't mind cheating a bit in a hog fight.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

shortysboy09 wrote:

Shortysboy09 I have seen more hogs killed with 125gr swc .38spl than any other pistol caliber, there is no problem dropping hogs with this round. The 30 carbine in 110gr sp surprisedly does nearly as well out of a Ruger Blackhawk in this caliber, just harder to find.

You have more control over these two calibers as to recoil therefore having better shot placement and recovery if needed. Lots of hogs where I live and we have tried every pistol caliber we can on them and these two just seem to work very well. Most are shot with Ruger 6 1/2" Blackhawk or Vaquero and GP100 4" bbls., with shots out to 100 yards plus. Most always 1 shot kills. Just my experience and I own pistol cals up to .454 Casull and have shot hogs with the 500 S& W.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

.357 6" gp100 n stainless. I bought new when I was 18. so about 20 years ago still have the box too. May think about trades.
im in fort worth

LaUser

Post by LaUser »

S&W 586 (no dash) .357 S&W magnum, blue, 6" barrel, six shot, less than 100 rounds through it. Austin area.
The Republican Party has been taken over by the Four Horsemen of Calumny,
Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry and Smear.

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas »

shortysboy09 wrote:

You know, I can help you out with that hog problem...I've been looking for an opportunity to do some hog hunting. ;-)

MojoTexas :txflag:
NRA Life member, TSRA member

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
--Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

Return to “Closed Items”