WTB or Trade for M&P Shield 9mm

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Dalstar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTB or Trade for M&P Shield 9mm

Post by Dalstar »

I am in the same boat. Been looking for a Shield 9mm at a reasonable price for 3 months! I have my heart set on one but don't want to pay through the nose!

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

I was told by a reliable source they are not taking any orders until 2014 to catch up on what thy have already backordered.

1blonde_qt

Post by 1blonde_qt »

I was at the cedar park gun show in Austin yesterday and saw a couple dealers had one..the show is also going on today..if you are unable to go today there is a saxet gun show in Austin April 27-28 maybe you luck out there!

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasGal »

You can call all the Academy's in your area every morning at 7:30 am. Ask if they had a truck the night before and did one come in. You will be surprised when the guy who told you the night before that there aren't any coming tells you they have one. Some stores will hold it on request. Others will not and you will have to hurry in. Academy sells them at the best price around so it's worth the time on the phone and some employees will try to discourage you from calling every day. Do it politely anyway :thumbs2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I picked one of up from another forum member yesterday. It was brand new. He bought it a year ago and never fired it. I offered hin $450.00 and he took it. More than MSRP, but better than the ones of seen. His mother is terminal and went buy to talk her about her salvation and pray with her. Two bonuses in one.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

You are a good man, sir. I know of your compassion to others--even someone you just met. God bless you. I know the family felt comforted. :tiphat:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

carlson1 wrote:I picked one of up from another forum member yesterday. It was brand new. He bought it a year ago and never fired it. I offered hin $450.00 and he took it. More than MSRP, but better than the ones of seen. His mother is terminal and went buy to talk her about her salvation and pray with her. Two bonuses in one.
I pray you had the same success with the mother as you did with the firearm. Your light shines brightly sir.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I hope we have not carried this thread off topic too far. I do believe the only way to get one now is pray.

I have hasd more success at buying both of mine in a small town. Made a mistake and sold the first one to a forum member.

I had a moment of weakness and thought I had too many guns. I have grown up since then.

mikebass78

Post by mikebass78 »

carlson1 wrote:I picked one of up from another forum member yesterday. It was brand new. He bought it a year ago and never fired it. I offered hin $450.00 and he took it. More than MSRP, but better than the ones of seen. His mother is terminal and went buy to talk her about her salvation and pray with her. Two bonuses in one.

MSRP is $449.99, So you got a good deal, without paying tax. I have seen them go from 399, to 409, to 419 at academy...and haven't seen one in there in awhile, But sure they will be at 449 when they get them again...BPS sells for 449.00

Topic author
longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 10

Post by longhorn_92 »

TexasGal wrote:You can call all the Academy's in your area every morning at 7:30 am. Ask if they had a truck the night before and did one come in. You will be surprised when the guy who told you the night before that there aren't any coming tells you they have one. Some stores will hold it on request. Others will not and you will have to hurry in. Academy sells them at the best price around so it's worth the time on the phone and some employees will try to discourage you from calling every day. Do it politely anyway :thumbs2:

I'm so frustrated! I called Academy this morning... They had one. I asked if they could hold it... He refused. I drove across town to get it. Less than 40 minutes and it was gone... This is the second time this has happened!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

LucasBU06

Post by LucasBU06 »

My dad just sent me a text that Academy in Pasadena has a Shield 9mm for $449.99. Said the guy was taking it out of the box, putting a trigger lock on it, and it's going on display. Won't last more than 30-mins to an hour max. If you want it....HURRY. :cheers2:

P.S. I responded...that's when you say to him "Don't bother, Sir...ring it up." He has his eye on something else.
NRA Life Member

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MotherBear »

Also sent you a PM about one at Red's North... it was there at closing last night.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Thought I'd say thanks to this thread for reminding me to call around. Just found a unicorn at the Academy at Shepherd & 59!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

LucasBU06

Post by LucasBU06 »

RHenriksen wrote:Thought I'd say thanks to this thread for reminding me to call around. Just found a unicorn at the Academy at Shepherd & 59!
Congrats! It's good to see that a few more are popping up here and there.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 10

Post by longhorn_92 »

MotherBear wrote:Also sent you a PM about one at Red's North... it was there at closing last night.

I called and they were sold out already. Thank you for looking out for me. Keep doing it, please? I'm still looking... It seems everyone else is getting lucky, just
As far as paying $575?... Thanks but I will keep looking for the better prices. I will one day find Big Foot.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Closed Items”