WTB Browning Hi-Power 9mm DFW

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rpecunia
Posts in topic: 2

WTB Browning Hi-Power 9mm DFW

Post by rpecunia »

had purchased one back in 1990 or so - but made a foolish mistake and sold it years and years ago - looking to replace it now - thanks
Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTB Browning Hi-Power 9mm DFW

Post by Mike1951 »

I own FN HiPowers, Browning HiPowers, and several FM HiPowers.

If you just want a shooter, the FM's are genuine HiPowers, produced under license in Argentina. $299.99

Less than half of what a Browning labeled HiPower would cost.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/4230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google them for more reviews and feedback.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

No disrespect to Mike, the previous poster. If I remember right, FM lost their FN license and kinda branched out on their own in making a cost effective BHP copy. No FN oversight on the now new FM raw mat'l, mfg process, or quality control.

I have an FM and it works just dandy with Federal 9BP, 9BPLE, or any ball that I have tried That wasn't in FM mags though. The (my) FM OEM mag smacked to helengone.

Understand that, although at one time they were pretty much buit to the same stds and with FN oversight, that might not always happen.

salty

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

I'd kida like to add something. Maybe it does not violate any rules of courtesy. Hopefully not, but let me give it a shot...

There is a gent here on this forum who actually wrote a book (two) with the BHP as the principal character. His name is Stephen A. Camp.

Stephen has his own corner on this forum and ,maybe with some technical help, maintains his own forum "Highpowers And Handguns'. LOTS of good, informative reading there. Not all of it is related to the BHP.

Good stuff.

salty

bobdavis
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bobdavis »

I'm selling a Mk III Hi-Power on TGT.

http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=67258

Let me know if this is what you want. I never carried it.

bob
05.09.2009 : CHL Course Completed (http://www.lonestarhandgun.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
05.11.2009 : Paperwork Mailed
05.12.2009 : Paperwork Received
05.18.2009 : DPS Cashed Check
06.18.2009 : PIN received
09.03.2009 : Application Approved
09.09.2009 : In Hand

Topic author
rpecunia

Post by rpecunia »

Hi Bob,

thanks for the note, if i don't find a good deal on a 75th anniversary, there maybe a deal to be made here...

thanks
Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

Return to “Closed Items”