....deal completed.....

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
cyphur
Posts in topic: 8

....deal completed.....

Post by cyphur »

Picked up my Kimber Tactical Ultra II last night. Thanks for everyone who made offers or who kept an eye out for me!
Last edited by cyphur on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cosmo 9 »

I was just wondering what you found at the gun show, nothing good I guess :shock:
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Well, long story short, I need to update my Driver's License. Was going to buy a Kimber there but since I just moved 2 months ago - no dice. Even when I told them that, and offered my military ID. :(

I'd really prefer stainless but if someone makes me an offer I can't pass up on a block UCII, well....

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

I've heard the Garland DMV is a whip!! I'd pack a lunch if I were you :razz:
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

TxFire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxFire »

Get to the Garland DPS office EARLY, if you must go there. It is swamped everytime I have been there. But last time I was granted some very unexpected "professional courtesy" by the Trooper at the desk and was in and out in a flash.

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

They open @ 8am, and I start work @ 830. Looks like I'm going to be a little late on Monday. It will still take two weeks to get it back if I'm lucky.

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Stopped by on Monday, didn't know they didn't take debit cards. Doh!! :oops:

Going to try to go again to the DPS and get my license squared away tomorrow. I found a Tactical Ultra II that I've gone ahead and committed to - found it on GA.com so it will be a week or so before I have it. Can't wait!

tnertfuclosure

Post by tnertfuclosure »

cyphur,
philbo from http://www.txdpsa.com told me about your post. i have been wanting to part with my kimber stainless ultra II for some time in order to help finance and AR. i am in houston, but i will be in the DFW area next week (8/28) on business.

This Kimber is 3 years old with a nothced Hogue over grip and it fits the hand like a glove. It has approx. 500 rounds thru it and it is clean as a whistle.

Included:

3 Kimber Mags with Bump Pads

100 Rounds Win White Box Target Ammo (am i allowed to include ammo??)

1NIB Recoil Spring/Guide Rod Assembly and Recoil Spring Plug

Two Holsters: a IWB sueded cheapy and an Unc Mikes OWB cheapy with extra mag pouch

Operational Manual

Original Grips

PRICE: $750 delivered to the DFW area next week.

email me or send me a PM if interested.

tnert

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Dang! Thats just what I was looking for too!

*Unfortunately* I have purchased a Tactical Ultra - should have it tomorrow or Wednesday. If for whatever reason that falls through, I'll get in touch - however I do not expect it to.

Thank you for the offer however!

tnertfuclosure

Post by tnertfuclosure »

well, i had to put it out there just in case. best of luck in your deal.

pdouglas
Posts in topic: 3

Kimber Ultra Carry II

Post by pdouglas »

tnertfuclosure,

I've been looking to buy a Kimber Ultra Carry II.

I live in Houston, what is your price if you don't have to deliver it?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, but I just got quoted $850 to buy a new one so I don't know if saving $100 is worth buying a 3 year old one. Just being honest because I'm very serious about buying VERY soon.

Thanks,
Patrick

Reysc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kimber Ultra Carry II

Post by Reysc »

pdouglas wrote:tnertfuclosure,

I've been looking to buy a Kimber Ultra Carry II.

I live in Houston, what is your price if you don't have to deliver it?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, but I just got quoted $850 to buy a new one so I don't know if saving $100 is worth buying a 3 year old one. Just being honest because I'm very serious about buying VERY soon.

Thanks,
Patrick
Hi Patrick,
My .02 cents on the subject if you don't mind.. I would buy the $750.00 used as long as it's in good condition for the following reason..
1. 1911 and kimber ultra does not depreciate much.. A well taken cared of gun will be floating on the 675.00 ( grab it if you find one) to $750 ish. Price.. The new one at $850.00 will have to carry sales tax or FFL fee and shipping.
2. The new one at $ 850.00 will have one magazine.. This one got three w/ bumper upgrades.. It has the hogue grips and original grip. There's the $ 100.00 difference, easily.
3. When you get tired of it or just want to sell it, you can sell it for $ 750.00 or you want to sell it quick Sell it for $ 695.00 so you lose $ 55.00, it's the cost of having it and shooting it...

Now that's just me, my humble opinion.. My service manager just got he's CHL today ( he's also my shooting buddy) and he's looking into a 1911 carry.. Yes, we've checked the new ones online and what I've told him was exactly what I've posted here..The key is the condition of the gun and integrity of the seller....If the seller still have the Kimber on his trip to Dallas, please email me and I will refer you to my service manager or we can talk about it..
Hey, Travis sorry to hi-jack your thread but you've got it concluded anyway!!

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Rey, not a problem!!

There is a gun store in Dallas, south of I35 called Ray's sporting goods and guns or something like that, lots of construction in front of it on the road.

They had a UCII S/S for 650.00. Looked to be in great condition. May want to check that out as well. Unfortunately that will carry sales tax and one mag more than likely.

MrDrummy

Post by MrDrummy »

Let's not forget the price of the "break-in" ammo that Kimber calls for. That'd easy be another $100 you save buying a used gun.

Not that you're not going to go out and spend that money on ammo anyway....ok, just forget I ever said anything. ;-)

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Ammo es no cheapo.....

I put 300 rounds through mine today(breaking it in). While quite fun it was not a cheap afternoon.

At least I learned how to field strip a 1911 without a disassembly tool tonite :grin:

Return to “Closed Items”