Looking to buy Kahr PM9

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mhtx62
Posts in topic: 1

Looking to buy Kahr PM9

Post by mhtx62 »

Looking for some info on the Kahr PM9. Think about picking one up at the next gun show. Thank you for your help.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Umm, they are little and cool? :lol: J/K

What kind of info would you like?

John

Re: Looking to buy Kahr PM9

Post by John »

mhtx62 wrote:Looking for some info on the Kahr PM9. Think about picking one up at the next gun show. Thank you for your help.
I've been interested in one of these for quite some time. They're little, but pricey. My next gun will either be one of these or a compact glock. I've tried the small kel-tecs and didn't like them. My current pocket gun is a Beretta Tomcat, but I would like something in 9mm.

What's the going price for a new PM9? The last one I looked at was in a gun store in Wharton and was priced at $599.00, which i thought was too much.
JohnC

mschadt

Post by mschadt »

I've been looking at Khar's a lot myself but I always seem to find something else I need/want more.

$599 for a PM9 does sound like a bit much. The cheapest I found them, was online at www.ordnanceoutsellers.com. That is if you're willing to do the shipping and FFL transfer thing.

BTW I just noticed he has "Factory test fired" models with full warranty for $425

oilman

Post by oilman »

I carry a Kahr PM9. Very thin and concealable. Very reliable. However, it does like it better if you load the first round by releasing the slide using the slide stop lever rather than racking the slide by hand. I have over 1000 rounds through this gun and I have had only 1 stove pipe and that was probably my fault.

It did take me several hundred rounds and a lot of dry firing to get used to the DA trigger. Kahr recommends a 200 round break in.

My wife is talking about getting a gun. If she decides she wants a DA trigger we will consider a new Kahr. :)

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I can't speak of the PM9 but I do carry a PM40. 500+ rounds and no problems. Small enough for pocket carry. Large enough for stopping power. Very little recoil. Not much more than my G21.
Kahr does recommend and I agree to a 200 round break-in
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

sensei

Post by sensei »

I have a Kahr PM9.
Runs great.

I'm looking for a glock G-36.

Don't know exactly what they cost new but I might be willing to work out something out with you.

I have an extra mag for the PM9. They are expensive. I also have several holsters for it.

Ray Glass

KenLor2

Post by KenLor2 »

My wife purchased a very nice used PM9 for $400 at McBrides in Austin a few months ago. Very nice gun for the both of us. I would say shop around a bit and you should be able to beat the $600 price tag.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Great gun, my wife stole mine from me. Fits great in the pocket with a pocket holster.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “Closed Items”