ABC 13 - Memorial Villages police chief warns of uptick in gang activity

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Steve5115
Posts in topic: 1

ABC 13 - Memorial Villages police chief warns of uptick in gang activity

Post by Steve5115 »

http://abc13.com/news/memorial-villages ... y/1185538/

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Memorial Villages police say there's been a rise in people being robbed as they're leaving banks in the Woodway, Voss and Chimney Rock area.

"We're hearing more and more of our residents that are becoming crime victims outside of our jurisdiction," says Chief J.D. Sanders. "More and more incidents of being on parking lots and being mugged or robbed on parking lots, and becoming crime victims in other places."

Chief Sanders credits his department's top-of-the-line messaging system with keeping the gang activity out of Piney Point, Bunker Hill and Hunter's Creek Villages. But they put out a crime alert to the folks who live there warning that the uptick in crimes some of them have been victims of is part of a new wave of gang initiations.

"Some require you to commit a violent crime. You have to commit a violent crime before you can even be included in the gang," Chief Sanders tells Eyewitness News.

"There's no area that's untouchable. They have the finances. They have the transportation," explains Wesley Jenkins.

philip964

Re: ABC 13 - Memorial Villages police chief warns of uptick in gang activity

Post by philip964 »

Sounds like my bank.

Kawabuggy

Re: ABC 13 - Memorial Villages police chief warns of uptick in gang activity

Post by Kawabuggy »

I live in the aforementioned area and I can tell you that "tagging" is becoming commonplace on many buildings and businesses, where I have never seen it before. It's a shame we can't shoot the dirtbags on sight. But, this is the way of our new world. The criminals have all the rights, and the taxpayers just keep taking it up the anal cavity.

If they really wanted to stop gang activity, all you have to do is stop illegal immigration.. Oh wait, some parties want them here.. Guess those of us who suffer at the hands of gang-members just need to find a way to cope so the Democrats can count on those votes. Mass deportation of both the illegals, and the Democrats, would be a great start to getting this country back on track.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”