Starting Early

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Starting Early

Post by JJVP »

PORTLAND, Ore. – Two boys, ages 7 and 11, are accused of trying to rob a woman with a loaded gun, police said Sunday.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/09/or ... latestnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

chasfm11

Re: Starting Early

Post by chasfm11 »

After the boys were caught, officers returned the boys to their families, but the 11-year-old tried to escape his parents' house, police said. Officers later caught him.
Likely another career criminal in the making. They didn't suck the idea to car-jack out of their thumbs and didn't walk into a gun shop to be the .22 pistol. This one has long term parent failure written all over it.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

I'm suffering from 'misplaced modifier' syndrome.

"...Two boys, ages 7 and 11, are accused of trying to rob a woman with a loaded gun..."

The woman had a gun and was robbed by 2 kids? :shock:

Actually, I get it....just writin' what I was thinkin'.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Do the same rights to self-defense and deadly force apply to very young criminals?

Of course it would be hard to deal with emotionally, but trying to ascertain that the criminals are younger than usual could prove disasterous.

As I see it, a threat is a threat regardless of age and all deserve equal treatment.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

DVS2

Post by DVS2 »

On the news broadcast, the reporter was interviewing the woman and the boy walked right up to her and the reporter. Her response was "that's the boy right there". She left immediately and looked quite concerned that he was able to walk up to them. The reporter stated that in Oregon, they could not place any one under 15 year of age in juvenile detention.
11/05: Docs mailed
12/11: Plastic in hand

Post by 77346 »

rp_photo wrote:Do the same rights to self-defense and deadly force apply to very young criminals?

Of course it would be hard to deal with emotionally, but trying to ascertain that the criminals are younger than usual could prove disasterous.

As I see it, a threat is a threat regardless of age and all deserve equal treatment.
Good question... looking at the Martin/Zimmerman controversy, I can imagine how the media would react had that lady hurt one of those "little criminals" in self-defense: they would have a field day over it and condemn the victim publicly. :roll:
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Return to “The Crime Blotter”