Active Shooter In College Station 8/13

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

gigag04
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Active Shooter In College Station 8/13

Post by gigag04 »

I havent mentioned which one on a public forum, but it is a large agency in Brazos County.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

74novaman
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 74novaman »

C-dub wrote:I thought GigAg has mentioned that he's with the Round Rock PD. Am I mistaken?
I think he put up a gun for sale that a buddy in the Round Rock PD was trying to sell in the past, which would explain why you thought that. :cheers2:

My memory might be wrong on that, though.
TANSTAAFL

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txhighlander »

My prayers for all it is a tragedy.
Truth against the world

C247

Post by C247 »

While I understand that it's a terrible tragedy, of course the media will be finding ways to discuss gun control.

This link was posted on TGT and I thought it would be interesting to share since it was, from what I can tell, a response to a line of questions about today's incident.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics ... tes-decide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(had major issues copy/pasting to embed the original video. So I just found it linked elsewhere.)

It's just such an unfortunate day, but it won't be the last time bad people try to hurt the heroes who keep us all safe.

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

This was from a Click2.com news article.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Famil ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the step father of the shooter talking to a reporter.

"We are devastated for the families that he killed," said Weaver. "He was a ticking time bomb."

Arnold asked Weaver if he had any indication that something like this was coming.

"He was crazy as hell," Weaver said. "At one point, we were afraid that he was going to come up here and do something to his mother and me."

"We were hoping he'd kill himself before doing something like this," said Weaver. "We are just devastated for the families this guy killed."

If you look at his photos, he doesn't pass the "deer in the headlights" eye test. However he was 35 years old, not under 25 as the other schizophrenics have been.

Very sad, my sincere condolences to the families of the victims.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

philip964 wrote:This was from a Click2.com news article.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Famil ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"We are devastated for the families that this he killed," said Weaver. "He was a ticking time bomb."

Arnold asked Weaver if he had any indication that something like this was coming.

"He was crazy as heck," Weaver said. "At one point, we were afraid that he was going to come up here and do something to his mother and me."

"We were hoping he'd kill himself before doing something like this," said Weaver. "We are just devastated for the families this guy killed."

If you look at his photos, he doesn't pass the "deer in the headlights" eye test. However he was 35 years old, not under 25 as the other schizophrenics have been.

If they thought he was really dangerous as they're saying, then why didn't they call the police earlier. Either these people are really stupid or are making it up for their 15 minutes (in which case that still means they're really stupid).

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

Thomas wrote:If they thought he was really dangerous as they're saying, then why didn't they call the police earlier. Either these people are really stupid or are making it up for their 15 minutes (in which case that still means they're really stupid).
I used to work with a guy whose son is also a "ticking time bomb". He has told me stories about waking up in the middle of the night to find his son standing next to his bed with a knife in his hand staring at him. He would sometimes come to work with fresh bruises or contusions from his son attacking him. He's called the police on his son numerous times and has had him committed at least twice. The kid is a mental case and my friend honestly believes his son will eventually kill him sooner or later; he's come to accept this. By the way, his son is around the mid- to late-late twenties.

Even with all this, the authorities either can't or won't do anything about it and the kid still lives with my friend and his wife. The wife, by the way, refuses to allow him to be committed again and says she'll leave him if he has their son committed. She believes she can love him to health even though he abuses her, too.

It may not be as cut and dry as "why didn't they call the police earlier." Maybe they did. There's only so much the authorities can do.

Last I heard, he was working behind the scenes and behind his wife's back to get the State of Texas to declare his son a danger and have the State commit him. This way, it's the State doing it and not him and his wife won't be able to blame him, and his son would then be able to get the care he needs in a controlled environment.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Bob in Big D

Post by Bob in Big D »

Thomas wrote:
philip964 wrote:This was from a Click2.com news article.

"We are devastated for the families that this he killed," said Weaver. "He was a ticking time bomb."

"He was crazy as heck," Weaver said. "At one point, we were afraid that he was going to come up here and do something to his mother and me."

If they thought he was really dangerous as they're saying, then why didn't they call the police earlier. Either these people are really stupid or are making it up for their 15 minutes (in which case that still means they're really stupid).
An interesting thought that in a perfect world if he had been reported would that info have made to the local LEO's and the Constable have had backup and maybe not been killed? I have no idea how that works or if it works just wondering.
Gun Control Means Using Two Hands!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

74novaman wrote:
C-dub wrote:I thought GigAg has mentioned that he's with the Round Rock PD. Am I mistaken?
I think he put up a gun for sale that a buddy in the Round Rock PD was trying to sell in the past, which would explain why you thought that. :cheers2:

My memory might be wrong on that, though.
Could be. The next time I was down in RR I was planning on asking any LEOs I came in contact with if they knew any of their guys that was a BIG Aggie guy. Probably not now. :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

The law offices of Jeff Paradowski has set up a fund for Constable Brian Bachmann's family at American Momentum Bank. If you would like to donate to the family's fund, you can visit the bank or call (979) 774 -1111.

Brian left behind his wife, and two young children.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Valor

Post by Valor »

Bob in Big D wrote:
Thomas wrote:
philip964 wrote: If they thought he was really dangerous as they're saying, then why didn't they call the police earlier. Either these people are really stupid or are making it up for their 15 minutes (in which case that still means they're really stupid).
An interesting thought that in a perfect world if he had been reported would that info have made to the local LEO's and the Constable have had backup and maybe not been killed? I have no idea how that works or if it works just wondering.

If the landlord had suspension of the guy being violent, the landlord should have notified the constable office to be on alert (perhaps the landlord did). Although, constables are often on alert generally when serving notices and certainly warrants.

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Have you guys seen this footage?
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Cell ... 65946.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cellphone video from a former Army Medic. He is also interviewed because after shooting the short video he was the first on the scene to treat the downed officer and once the paramedics took over that job he was treating the shooter as well.

alvins

Post by alvins »

they say he bought his gun locally.what does that have to do with anything?

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

alvins wrote:they say he bought his gun locally.what does that have to do with anything?
Because all those online purchases were a big deal in CO.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

The family of Barbara Holdsworth, 51, will be holding a press conference soon at St. Joseph.
https://twitter.com/theeagle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.theeagle.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theeagle.com/article/2012081 ... 19623/1142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New details released on constable shooting; civilian returned fire
By MAGGIE KIELY
maggie.kiely@theeagle.com
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 3:18 p.m.
Police confirmed for the first time that a civilian — who was not identified by authorities — fired five or six rounds from a small caliber handgun toward Caffall.
More at link above
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “The Crime Blotter”