knockout game

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 24

Re: knockout game

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am just curious about what others might have thought about this whole "game". I have thought about this long and hard. How in the world are we going to know when some thug is going to run up from behind us and cold cock us? I don't care how tough a person is, you get socked on the "button" hard enough, you are going down. So now I am suppose to avoid walking near packs of black teens? I have to avoid walking past any group of young teens? Most of the stories seem to be ghetto black kids but like everything else, it could easily spread to anytown USA and be any race of young teens in a pack.

RJGold
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RJGold »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I am just curious about what others might have thought about this whole "game". I have thought about this long and hard. How in the world are we going to know when some thug is going to run up from behind us and cold cock us? I don't care how tough a person is, you get socked on the "button" hard enough, you are going down. So now I am suppose to avoid walking near packs of black teens? I have to avoid walking past any group of young teens? Most of the stories seem to be ghetto black kids but like everything else, it could easily spread to anytown USA and be any race of young teens in a pack.
Maybe we all start wearing helmets...??? :smilelol5:

This is a tough question to answer but I do think part of the answer is being aware of what's around you (including behind). I try to stay aware of what's going on around me especially if I am in an unfamiliar location or an area where I suspect I am more vulnerable. Makes me look paranoid but maybe looking paranoid keeps me from getting attacked...

My two cents...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Dave2
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dave2 »

RJGold wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I am just curious about what others might have thought about this whole "game". I have thought about this long and hard. How in the world are we going to know when some thug is going to run up from behind us and cold cock us? I don't care how tough a person is, you get socked on the "button" hard enough, you are going down. So now I am suppose to avoid walking near packs of black teens? I have to avoid walking past any group of young teens? Most of the stories seem to be ghetto black kids but like everything else, it could easily spread to anytown USA and be any race of young teens in a pack.
Maybe we all start wearing helmets...??? :smilelol5:
In the winter, a jacket with a thick and upturned collar might offer minimal protection. Of course, it's only cold enough to wear those here for about two weeks per year... :grumble

It would appear that these sunglasses aren't available anymore, but I wonder if anyone's making anything like them?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

03Lightningrocks

I am watching the five on FOX. Story about knock out game to start in a couple minutes for those of you near a boob tube. Wow! A comercial for Gretta just said it will be covered on her show too. Not sure when her show starts...sorry.

03Lightningrocks

Interesting. It is looking racially motivated. Black on White hate crime. Funny how Sharpton and his ILK have very little to say about this. Can you imagine how he would act if the victims were black and the bad actors were white? Makes me sick! Maybe if the cops would put some under cover whites on the street near these known thugs and catch them in the act. The cops spend untold money with under cover hookers. Seems this calls for the same efforts.

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Interesting. It is looking racially motivated. Black on White hate crime. Funny how Sharpton and his ILK have very little to say about this. Can you imagine how he would act if the victims were black and the bad actors were white? Makes me sick! Maybe if the cops would put some under cover whites on the street near these known thugs and catch them in the act. The cops spend untold money with under cover hookers. Seems this calls for the same efforts.
Black on white hate crime? (Sarcasm on) Is such a thing even possible? (Sarcasm off).
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

03Lightningrocks

jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Interesting. It is looking racially motivated. Black on White hate crime. Funny how Sharpton and his ILK have very little to say about this. Can you imagine how he would act if the victims were black and the bad actors were white? Makes me sick! Maybe if the cops would put some under cover whites on the street near these known thugs and catch them in the act. The cops spend untold money with under cover hookers. Seems this calls for the same efforts.
Black on white hate crime? (Sarcasm on) Is such a thing even possible? (Sarcasm off).
LOL... Gretta called out Sharpton on why he isn't engaging on this yet. Congressman West said he thinks at some point a concealed hand gun carrier is going to shoot one of these thugs and then Sharpton will play the race card about how the white guy shot a poor unarmed black teenager.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Haven't read the whole thread but wanted to be sure to share this. Sorry if it is a duplicate.

CHL fights back.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11 ... e-used-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

philip964 wrote:

This may be a repost. But I could not find this disturbing video linked anywhere so far.

It is a "game" where young teens blindside someone with a hit to the head.

This happened to one of my friends in Dallas last weekend. He woke up bleeding and could not dial his cell phone for help. He laid there till someone passed by and called 911.

This brings situational awareness to a whole new level.
I don't know about you, but I don't have eyes in the back of my head.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mamabearCali »

It is a good question. I don't see the suburban kids taking this up. This is a symptom of feral unparented kids. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Avoid large groups of teens. Avoid bad areas if you can. Watch your six. Don't be in the malls after 6:30. Best one can do.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

03Lightningrocks

mamabearCali wrote:

It is a good question. I don't see the suburban kids taking this up. This is a symptom of feral unparented kids. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Avoid large groups of teens. Avoid bad areas if you can. Watch your six. Don't be in the malls after 6:30. Best one can do.

That is an excellent way to describe them "feral unparented kids". It fits well. I just got done telling my daughter to avoid any group of teens. It appears most of the attacks so far are by black teens but the copy cat kids may be any race.

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas_Blaze »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
TheCytochromeC wrote:
Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:yep the kids are out of control due to lack of parenting, religion, and education. key factors that are destroying this country, but that is all part of the big plan.....
Mostly just the parenting and education. In fact, it's probably just the parenting. If I were to do something like that, my dad would have done the same thing to me... Except about 10 times harder :lol:
Oh yea! My dad would have knocked me out, woke me up, and whipped me until I begged to be knocked out again. LOL.
When I came home at 5am one time in high school, with enough alcohol in my system to fill a few six packs, dad (a good Christian man) opened the door and knocked me out with one hit. Said don't do this in my house. Learned my lesson and I never did it again. Last time I drank.

There ya go, religion, education and parenting, all in one lesson.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Texas_Blaze wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
TheCytochromeC wrote:
Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:yep the kids are out of control due to lack of parenting, religion, and education. key factors that are destroying this country, but that is all part of the big plan.....
Mostly just the parenting and education. In fact, it's probably just the parenting. If I were to do something like that, my dad would have done the same thing to me... Except about 10 times harder :lol:
Oh yea! My dad would have knocked me out, woke me up, and whipped me until I begged to be knocked out again. LOL.
When I came home at 5am one time in high school, with enough alcohol in my system to fill a few six packs, dad (a good Christian man) opened the door and knocked me out with one hit. Said don't do this in my house. Learned my lesson and I never did it again. Last time I drank.

There ya go, religion, education and parenting, all in one lesson.

Just think, many would call that child abuse or domestic violence now days.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 1-16-49-54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

78 year old woman sucker punched.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 1-16-49-54

78 year old woman sucker punched.

:mad5

Return to “The Crime Blotter”