Breakfast Klub owner patrols with AR

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Acer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Breakfast Klub owner patrols with AR

Post by Acer »

I'm curious why Mr. Davis hasn't been arrested.

If i were to walk across the street from my apartment with an AR-15 strapped on my back, and a police officer saw it, I'm virtually positive I'd go to jail.

He is on video tape doing essentially the same thing-- and he's obviously positively identified.

What gives?
EDC-- Walther PPQ 9mm
Alternates: Walther PPS 9mm, Sig P226 9mm

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Acer wrote:I'm curious why Mr. Davis hasn't been arrested.

If i were to walk across the street from my apartment with an AR-15 strapped on my back, and a police officer saw it, I'm virtually positive I'd go to jail.

He is on video tape doing essentially the same thing-- and he's obviously positively identified.

What gives?
Openly carrying a long arm is not a crime, although they could attempt a charge under disturbing the peace.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Topic author
Daisy Cutter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daisy Cutter »

Well there is a new mural. Wondering how long before it is defaced also.

http://swamplot.com/houstons-president- ... 013-02-14/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

In light of Obama's utter contempt for my adopted state, I hope it's defaced again and again until the creators give up.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 288008.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Breakfast Klub owner detains man with open can of paint at Obama mural until police arrive. Didn't say how he detained the person. However, police did not arrest the person open carrying a can of paint on a public sidewalk as that is not a crime.

I'll let the more legally experienced here, debate whether it was legal to point his AR 15 and possibly threaten (is detaining someone with a gun considered kidnapping, false imprisonment?) the person with the can of paint who was not charged with a crime.

The owner of the Breakfast Klub was not arrested either.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Detaining someone for no crime is :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: He was let got because of his color, race or ethnicity? or is at as good will? :woohoo :woohoo
So, If I pulled my camera and I started shooting, will I get detained by this jumpy man with black evil rifle?!!!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

"Davis said he called police, and then confronted the man before damage was done.

The guy tried to get away, but Davis chased the guy down tackling him and holding him across the street until police showed up."

I jumped to conclusions, he did not use either his AR 15 or his legally concealed handgun.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 301303.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arrest warrant issued for vandal of Obama mural. Story didn't say if it was the guy with the open paint cans from earlier this month.

They apparently don't know where he is.

I can't imagine you can ID someone with video, but that's just my opinion. They must have some other information, they are not talking about.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”