"American Sniper" author murdered at Rough Creek Lodge

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "American Sniper" author murdered at Rough Creek Lodge

Post by Keith B »

OK, I am not one of those who like conspiracy theories, and will not even believe that this is some form of conspiracy.

However, I thought of one thing that maybe those of you current or former military can answer. What if this guy decided during his military time that he as sympathizer and that Iraqis were being killed wrongfully? What if he decided that Kyle he was going to kill Kyle because of his sniper carrer and all of the enemy he had taken out, and just ended up killing his buddy too as he was there with Kyle? How common is it for those with post battlefield stress issues to become sympathetic with the enemy?

I doubt this is the case, but it did cross my mind.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

snatchel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by snatchel »

It's a rare thing for that to happen, Keith.

Generally, we are (or at least myself and the guys I was with) indifferent to them. We know that some of the Iraqi's were killed wrongfully--those things can't be helped. It happens in every war, no matter how careful you are. 99.9998% of the troops understand that.

As far as sympathy goes, it's hard to sympathize with anyone who is actively trying to kill you. I can tell you that I didn't care one way or the other about most of the Iraqi's until one fired at us, or IED'd us.... then we quickly dealt with the individual(s).

It's easy to be a sympathizer now-a-days though. You just complain to Medical or Legal, and they either transfer you to a non-combat unit or separate you.
No More Signature

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jim Beaux »

donkey wrote:Glad that Ron Paul can stay classy at a time like this. :roll:
Ron Paul's Twitter wrote:Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense
http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/04/ron-p ... the-sword/
Im not a Ron Paul supporter but Ive learned not to trust everything I read without waiting for validation from the "alleged source". Maybe Paul said it, maybe he was quoted out of context, & truthfully I hope he didnt express this. I will wait before taking a position on this.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dave2 »

Jim Beaux wrote:Maybe Paul said it, maybe he was quoted out of context, & truthfully I hope he didnt express this. I will wait before taking a position on this.
:iagree:

Saying that is missing several points and IMHO being quite insensitive to the families of those slain.

Fortunately, since he's not in office anymore I can resume not caring what he says or thinks, but still it stings a bit coming from someone I thought was the side of, well, decency (assuming, of course that it wasn't a misquote or somehow taken out of context).
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Keith B wrote:OK, I am not one of those who like conspiracy theories, and will not even believe that this is some form of conspiracy.

However, I thought of one thing that maybe those of you current or former military can answer. What if this guy decided during his military time that he as sympathizer and that Iraqis were being killed wrongfully? What if he decided that Kyle he was going to kill Kyle because of his sniper carrer and all of the enemy he had taken out, and just ended up killing his buddy too as he was there with Kyle? How common is it for those with post battlefield stress issues to become sympathetic with the enemy?

I doubt this is the case, but it did cross my mind.
Oddly enough, a friend at work asked about a similar scenario. He wondered if this guy was somehow trying to cash in on that bounty that had been put on Chris' head. If he were some kind of sympathizer that might make that possibility a little more plausible.

I shudder to think about its possibility, though.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Ron Paul's Twitter wrote:Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense
He was also quoted in the Houston Chronicle's website: http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/02 ... the-sword/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is vintage Ron Paul. I'm so glad he's no longer my Representative.

Chas.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

From: http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Ron ... 84761.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truly inappropriate.

MMQB-ing the decision to put his killer together with guns is not something I'm prepared to do. If anyone could make that call with immunity from second guessing, it was Mr. Kyle. Rest in Peace, Chief.
:patriot: :txflag:
Last edited by RoyGBiv on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by baldeagle »

Jim Beaux wrote:
Im not a Ron Paul supporter but Ive learned not to trust everything I read without waiting for validation from the "alleged source". Maybe Paul said it, maybe he was quoted out of context, & truthfully I hope he didnt express this. I will wait before taking a position on this.
Here's your validation. I'm directly quoting Ron Paul's quote, which I just searched for on Twitter.
“@RonPaul: Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense”
Satisfied now?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

RoyGBiv wrote:From: http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Ron ... 84761.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[ Image ]

Truly inappropriate.
:iagree: However, it is the truth. Soldiers die in the battlefield in hail of fire. The pro soldiers are paid to kill and when they die in the battlefield we call them heroes and with their blood history is written.

On the other hand, this incident is pure murder in cold blood or payback of some sort if the vet marines had a "bad experience" with this couple he shot and killed.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Paul is not the only one. Libs are posting their disgusting bile all over the Internet.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/03/anti ... hris-kyle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mad5
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
He was also quoted in the Houston Chronicle's website: http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/02 ... the-sword/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is vintage Ron Paul. I'm so glad he's no longer my Representative.

Chas.
Wow... Yeah, that's a real jackwagon move on his part then.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”