"American Sniper" author murdered at Rough Creek Lodge

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 8

Re: "American Sniper" author murdered at Rough Creek Lodge

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

RIP Chris Kyle.

Wasn't he suing Jesse Ventura or some such?

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

Chris went to high school in the small where I currently live. Last year he visited the high school and made a strong impression on many of the students, especially the football team.
I was sitting next to one of those young men when the news popped up on my phone. It was a very sad moment to say the least.

Chris will be missed greatly.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

remington79

Post by remington79 »

My friend just sent me a text telling me about this. He said that Chris saved one of my friend's K9 handlers in Faluja. This is a sad day.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

MadMonkey wrote:RIP Chris. American Sniper was an inspiring book.
Texas Dan Mosby wrote:Are we in a particularly unusual part of our celestial orbit or something? Are we being bombarded by some strange cosmic rays I am unaware of at this time?

(tap...tap.....tap)

Is this thing on?

I swear I feel like I've been transported into another dimension, a strange, malevolent dimension I will now call "Krazy Land".

What's going on out there?
I don't know. After FPSRussia's manager was shot and killed, John Noveske was killed in a car accident and Massad Ayoob was involved in a helicopter crash (luckily all three survived), I said I'd be very suspicious if we lost another high-profile gun guy.

Well, I'm suspicious. :waiting:
I am to. Not to derail the thread too much but the father's of the Sandy Hook shooting and the CO movies theater shooting were to testify in a case involving LIBOR. There are some other oddities that have shown up to.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dave2 »

[quote="MadMonkey]I don't know. After FPSRussia's manager was shot and killed[/quote]
Wait, what? FPSRussia has a manager? And he was killed?!?

I'm very non-conspiracy minded, but that doesn't stop me from wondering sometimes...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

v-rog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by v-rog »

It's hard to believe, but Chris Kyle and another veteran, were shot at point-blank range and killed at a Texas gun range yesterday. Not many can or will be able to understand the mind-boggling transition of being a soldier on the battlefield and in the next moment, transitioning into civilian life. He did. His humility caught my attention and his words resinated with my experience. But now he is gone to Fiddler's Green.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

SF18C
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SF18C »

R.I.P. Warrior
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dragonfighter »

God Speed Chris Kyle.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Taurus.40

Post by Taurus.40 »

All we can do is speculate until more details become available. Fox News said this morning that they were shot in the back, which explains alot.
NRA member

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

Taurus.40 wrote:All we can do is speculate until more details become available. Fox News said this morning that they were shot in the back, which explains alot.
Yeah.

All I can picture are these two fine young men laying in the grand about to make some 1000yr shots and this dirtbag walking up behind the two and shooting them.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Word is they Kyle and his buddy Chad Littelfield had taken a 25 year old verteran who was suffering with PTSD out to shoot, and the guy turned the gun on them and killed them, then took Chris' truck. He has been arrested and will be charged with their murders.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Extremely saddened to hear this news. Immeasurable loss for his wife and family. :cry:

Cue the liberal-progressive media slant against servicemembers with PTSD in 3, 2, 1...
This.

The liberal-progressive collectivists will further push the PTSD as an issue to disarm veterans. This comined with the DHS labeling veterans as potential terrorists will play right into the gun grabbing confiscation plans.

I have read Chris Kyle's book. He was an amazing marksman and a true patriot. His legacy will live on forever.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:RIP Chris Kyle.

Wasn't he suing Jesse Ventura or some such?
He slapped Ventura.

The way I heard it was Ventura was in a SEAL hangout spewing his typical filth and Chris Kyle took exception to what he was saying and put him in his place.

Ventura does not deserve to clean the mud off of Kyle's boots.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:Cue the liberal-progressive media slant against servicemembers with PTSD in 3, 2, 1...
The liberal-progressive collectivists will further push the PTSD as an issue to disarm veterans. This comined with the DHS labeling veterans as potential terrorists will play right into the gun grabbing confiscation plans.
IMHO, PTSD is not understood well-enough to justify disarming all who have it.

I'd love to know how the soldiers coming back from WWI & WWII dealt with their issues... I don't recall hearing about many shootings after either of those wars, or even after Vietnam. Maybe they just didn't make the news.

And if serving the government makes one a "potential terrorist", perhaps the government ought to shut itself down until it figures out why they're making so many terrorists.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Keith B wrote:Word is they Kyle and his buddy Chad Littelfield had taken a 25 year old verteran who was suffering with PTSD out to shoot, and the guy turned the gun on them and killed them, then took Chris' truck. He has been arrested and will be charged with their murders.
Man, that's just sad all around.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”