ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING - Sikh Temple in WI

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Phoenix6410
Posts in topic: 5

Re: ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING - Sikh Temple in WI

Post by Phoenix6410 »

Thank you, I am just sick and tired or all of the lies and hatred being spread about gun owners and thos eof us with "conservative leanings"
Gun control begins with learning how to control a gun!

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

News is reporting that shooter is military, has a girlfriend and tattoo's. They said active duty, but this is all speculative. No motive at this point.

The first responding police officer was shot 9 times. He was wearing a vest.

Topic author
AEA
Posts in topic: 16

Post by AEA »

Another News Conference at 10am CT today on Fox. Hopefully we will find out what gun/guns were used.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

xb12s
Posts in topic: 3

Post by xb12s »

I hope that questioning the girlfriend, rummaging through the duplex and online records finds some motive. The whole thing is so implausibly idiotic. Well, not really implausible. So many people are idiots in this country. I work with Sikhs, so maybe I have some advantage, but the difference between them and Muslims is pretty big once you know what you are looking at. Sikhs are nothing like radical Muslims in their beliefs. I have a lot of respect for Sikhs.

Did we ever hear anything with regard to motive in the Batman shooting? That guy is still alive, so you'd think there'd be something besides "he's got schizophrenia and just went a little nutty." I don't know much about schizophrenia, but surely there'd have to be some kind of other hatred or radical paranoia brewing in the pot to drive you in the direction of well planned out murder and booby traps.

I don't know what I hope to find in these "motives". There's never a justification that would satisfy the sane. The killings are senseless. I guess it's just a human desire to make some kind of sense out of the senseless.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Purplehood »

philip964 wrote:News is reporting that shooter is military, has a girlfriend and tattoo's. They said active duty, but this is all speculative. No motive at this point.

The first responding police officer was shot 9 times. He was wearing a vest.
Girlfriend? Does the news consider that something notable?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

He was NOT Active Duty Military. He was a Veteran.

He was separated in 1998 as an E4 (after a reduction in rank) under a "Other than Honorable" (Administrative) discharge.

He was an active White Supremacist.

EDIT: Reported by on air Fox this morning.
Last edited by AEA on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
1911's RULE!

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

I hadn't seen the Active White Supremacist link yet. Thanks for that update. Not that I don't believe it, but do you have a link to something on that?

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

An article on Daily mail lists the link to white supremacy and states that he used a 9mm pistol. Lots of other details and pictures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ldier.html

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

xb12s wrote:I hadn't seen the Active White Supremacist link yet. Thanks for that update. Not that I don't believe it, but do you have a link to something on that?
It was reported on air by Fox this morning, along with a report of a "9mm handgun" being used.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/06/au ... z22kaYJb99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FBI Special Agent in Charge, Teresa Carlson, said a motive is still under investigation, and noted that authorities are looking at Page's "ties to white supremacist groups".

Officials said the gunman, whom they identified as Wade Michael Page, walked into the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin on Sunday and opened fire with a 9mm handgun as several dozen people prepared for morning services.
1911's RULE!

JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JJVP »

AEA wrote:
xb12s wrote:I hadn't seen the Active White Supremacist link yet. Thanks for that update. Not that I don't believe it, but do you have a link to something on that?
It was reported on air by Fox this morning.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/06/au ... z22kaYJb99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FBI Special Agent in Charge, Teresa Carlson, said a motive is still under investigation, and noted that authorities are looking at Page's "ties to white supremacist groups."

Did anyone noticed the question from one of the "journalists" in the press conference inquiring if the shooter had a concealed carry permit? They would have love to hear he did. Ms. Carlson declined to answer that question. I'm also sure they were dissappointed when the police chief said he only had a single nine mil gun with multiple magazines. No word on if they were the scary high capacity ones. Sure they would have love to hear he had an AR-15 or AK-47.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

Well, with all the rounds he was shooting, it kinda sounds like it MAY have been a Glock. Just sayin.......

Of course if it was a Glock, the Dems will use that as a "Plastic Pistol that cannot be detected" even though WE know that is a lie. They will also jump on the "High Capacity Magazines". They just haven't figured that out yet.

Just watch how they turn whatever it was.

Here's a just released picture of the shooter.
Attachments
Image2.jpg
Last edited by AEA on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1911's RULE!

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

JJVP wrote:Did anyone noticed the question from one of the "journalists" in the press conference inquiring if the shooter had a concealed carry permit? They would have love to hear he did. Ms. Carlson declined to answer that question. I'm also sure they were dissappointed when the police chief said he only had a single nine mil gun with multiple magazines. No word on if they were the scary high capacity ones. Sure they would have love to hear he had an AR-15 or AK-47.
This was described as an "act of domestic terrorism". Interesting that shootings at Christian/Jewish places of worship are never described in that manner AFAIK.
Last edited by puma guy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The media tools will act like a 10 round magazine is high capacity if it fits into their agenda. Some clown on Fox last night said the shooter used a "automatic or semi automatic" handgun. They just love throwing the buzz words around. Just a few... "assualt weapon", "automatic", "military style", "high capacity CLIPS", "plastic pistol" ... I want to choke them out! :banghead:

Topic author
AEA

Post by AEA »

:iagree: :tiphat:
1911's RULE!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”