Montrose man loses dog during robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rp_photo
Posts in topic: 5

Montrose man loses dog during robbery

Post by rp_photo »

Never have I wished that the victim had been a CHL more than in this case:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 334713.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I realize it's a "sin", but I find myself daydreaming that I had been the one targeted.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Montrose man loses dog during robbery

Post by MoJo »

Dang that's a low life to steal a man's dog. Take my money, take my stuff, don't mess with the family and yes the dog is family.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

I'm visualising that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Harrison Ford lets the guy with the sword get it out of his system and then ends it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by PappaGun on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

AEA

Post by AEA »

Would be interesting to watch one of these scums try to steal my dog....... :shock:

I wouldn't have to fire any rounds at all! :evil2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AEA wrote:Would be interesting to watch one of these scums try to steal my dog....... :shock:

I wouldn't have to fire any rounds at all! :evil2:
I know what you mean.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My dog is like a child to me. So to me this is like a kidnapping.

Since the dog was in my arms, I would have just ran away.

Topic author
rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

This looks to be a case of a meeker BG vs. a meeker GG. I'm thinking that a mere display of a gun would have put a quick stop to it.
CHL since 2/2011

SRH78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SRH78 »

Stealing a man's dog? That is all kinds of wrong. He was just upset the man had nothing of monetary value so he took the dog just to make the man suffer. We are not talking about a puppy with papers. We are talking about an adult mixed breed dog. What a punk.

This is something that concerns me about my lab. He has only gotten out once when one of the kids stupidly left the gate open. Fortunately, I got a call from one of our neighbors down the street but there are a lot of people who would keep a full blooded, well trained lab who would and did run right up to the first person he saw. I never worried about this with my Rott. I had a guy "try" to take him once. He fell out of the truck and when I got back to him, some guy had already pulled over.

Him: What are you doing?
Me: I am getting my dog.
Him: That is my buddy's dog.
Me: No, that is my dog. He just fell out of my truck.
Him: No, I am sure that is my buddy's dog.
Me: Ok then. Go ahead and try to put him in your car.
Him: (walks toward my very large dog and stops)
Dog: (cold expressionless stare)
Him: You know, maybe that is not my buddy's dog afterall.
Me: You think?
Me: Load up
Dog: (quickly jumps into the bed of my truck)

I would never do that with my Lab but there is no way in Hades he would have gotten my Rott into his car and had he tried to force him, he would have paid dearly.

CheckonChico

Post by CheckonChico »

^ "rlol"

Topic author
rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

I hate to say it, but I'm almost as mad at the victim for submitting as I am with the BG. Given the area of town it happened in, I'm sure there are a lot of Liberal "Just give them what they want" types.
CHL since 2/2011

Topic author
rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Just-released video of the robbber approaching:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHL since 2/2011

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

A total stranger could take my dog, a 178-lb Great Dane...he's sweet and gentle...but I have a feeling that they would bring him back after feeding / cleaning up his mess after just a few days... :biggrinjester:

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

rp_photo wrote:I hate to say it, but I'm almost as mad at the victim for submitting as I am with the BG. Given the area of town it happened in, I'm sure there are a lot of Liberal "Just give them what they want" types.
If the victim had a medical pump attached to him like the article states he probably wasn't in much shape to resist or give chase. I hope for the dog's sake it isn't being sold to someone to use as dog fight training bait. :mad5 I hope the pooch somehow makes it back to it's owner.
CHL since 01/26/09

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

PUCKER wrote:A total stranger could take my dog, a 178-lb Great Dane...he's sweet and gentle...but I have a feeling that they would bring him back after feeding / cleaning up his mess after just a few days... :biggrinjester:
My older sister had a 180lb fawn-colored Dane back in the 70's. She got divorced and moved back in with us along with her toddler and the dog. He didn't eat a lot, but would have rather had a cow in the yard than him. I believe the patties would have smaller! :mrgreen:

And, I am not sure they would have taken him. He was a trained guard dog and very territorial. He was very friendly to anyone you let in, but he would NOT let anyone in the house. When my sister moved out into her own place I borrowed one of the dog jackets from the pound one night after riding patrol. I called her and told her to unlock the door when she heard me and saw me pull up in front of the house. I put the jacket over top of my head and barged in the door only to make it about halfway in before he had me on the floor and pinned down. Luckily he recognized my voice and backed off when I gave him his command for down. :shock:

Over time, he did a pretty good job of keeping away door-to-door sales people away. When the doorbell rang and they heard the amazingly deep and loud WOOOFFFF, they would move on before you could ever get to the door. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

lama

Post by lama »

Man that's messed up to take someones dog. Luckly like some others hae said I have an all black dane that scares most folk to much to mess with me. Answering the door for pizza man always cracks me up because they knock hear her bark and sre 10 feet from the door when I answer looking afraid.

You would have to stab me to death to get me to give up my pup.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”