Why Campus carry is important

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Why Campus carry is important

Post by Beiruty »

A Cook County jury late Monday convicted a man in the slaying of a University of Chicago doctoral student in a botched robbery nearly four years ago.

Demetrius Warren, 21, was found guilty of first-degree murder, armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm, and faces a minimum of 82 years in prison when he is sentenced in October.

more:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 4362.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Min is life sentence with no parole. What gives if the offender gets less.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

USASGT

Re: Why Campus carry is important

Post by USASGT »

Wait, I thought there was no provision in Illinois for concealed carry. How, then, did Mr. Demetrius transport his weapon to the scene of the crime? Does he know someone in the mayor's office? Frankly I think he ought to get a maximum of 82 days, at which point his plug gets pulled. :mad5
U.S. Army 1982-87
Patriot Guard Rider
N.R.A. Member

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

First, criminals don't care if they are breaking the law - - - that's why they are called criminals.

Second, the accused was 17 at the time of the crime this may fall under some "juvenile" provision in Ill law.

Third, He faces a MINIMUM of 82 years. If he serves his whole sentence he will be 103 when released and even if like in Texas he's eligible for parole after half of his sentence he'll be 63.

Fourth, This is Cook County Illinois - - - Home of R. Daily, R. Emanuel, and B. H. Obama - - - What do you expect?
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

MoJo wrote: Fourth, This is Cook County Illinois - - - Home of R. Daily, R. Emanuel, and B. H. Obama - - - What do you expect?
Well, given these circumstances, I would expect the 17y old to be set free and awarded back pay for the time he missed from work while in jail. "rlol"

Sarcasm off!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”