CA: Man accused of vicious assault on son's mother

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

CA: Man accused of vicious assault on son's mother

Post by seamusTX »

In Simi Valley, California, in 2008, a woman accused her estranged former boyfriend, the father of her son, of a violent assault that approached attempted murder.

The assailant curiously left no DNA or other forensic evidence. He allegedly wore gloves and put gloves on the victim so that she would not have his DNA under her fingernails.

The accused suspect was arrested the same day and jailed in solitary confinement without bail. He was also virtually tried and found guilty by the local media.

Then his made-for-TV defense team began to pick apart the slim prosecution case and build an alibi for their client.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 2051.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like this is the beginning of a series that will unfold a day at a time.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Kawabuggy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA: Man accused of vicious assault on son's mother

Post by Kawabuggy »

Part 2 is now available: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... full.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Derf

Post by Derf »

Wow. Just wow.

That has to be one of the most over-the-top stories I have ever read. She should be jail. Period.
"Victory goes to the one who has no thought of himself."- Shinkage School of Swordsmanship

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Kawabuggy wrote:Part 2 is now available: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... full.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stories like this just frost my hide. There is no doubt that the world is full of men who are beasts and are cruel to women. But their numbers are FAAAAAAAR overshadowed by the numbers of men who are wonderful husbands and great fathers, and who know how to cherish a woman and treat her right. But that part doesn't fit the narrative in the liberal media, and as a former L.A. Times subscriber who canceled his subscription due to the nakedly leftist bias of their terrible reporting, I am surprised at the Times's telling of this particular story with a sympathetic look at a wronged father.

Why his ex-wife isn't in prison is beyond me, but that is where she belongs. Back when I lived in California, my father in law was employed at JPL. One of the supervisors who worked there in JPL's security department had a teenaged daughter who was an ungrateful little twit who was rebellious and mean to her parents. One day, after she had been grounded for having stayed out all night on a school night without letting her parents know where she was, she lashed out at her father by falsely accusing him of having molested her. There were, of course, no witnesses, because it never happened, and it boiled down to her word against his. Prosecutors and the courts took her word—despite her record of petty crime and rebelliousness—over that of her father, a man with a clean criminal record and a security clearance. He spent TWO YEARS in prison before his daughter finally recanted her testimony and admitted that she had had him falsely imprisoned to punish him for having grounded her two years previously. He got out, but of course his career was over, and it was a struggle to put his life back together.

Rape, molestation, and sadistic savagery does happen to some women, but most men are not responsible for it. Most men would want to beat such an offender to death with a bat if they had the chance. But that is not the image that men have in the media anymore, and that is what just ticks me off.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

Derf wrote:She should be jail. Period.
The trouble with our judicial system is that the only punishments are fines, imprisonment, and various degrees of confinement such as house arrest.

Mr. Gonzalez was awarded $55,000 for legal fees, which his ex avoided by filing for bankruptcy, and an undisclosed settlement for defamation.

Imprisonment costs the state money several ways, including child support for the imprisoned parent.

Sometimes one could wish we still had real hard labor or flogging.

- Jim

fickman

Post by fickman »

A sobering reminder of how serious an accusation can be. . . even when unfounded. We're all guilty of mentally convicting suspects based on news reports before they've had their day in court.

I'm glad this man eventually got some amount of justice, even if they can't prosecute his ex.
Native Texian

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

The death penalty sounds about right for everyone involved in the conspiracy to kidnap him.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “The Crime Blotter”