Thief Caught in the Act

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Thief Caught in the Act

Post by puma guy »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:If any of what was stolen was in a building the proper charge would be burglary, a 3rd degree felony. Should get 2-5 in the big house. If It had been a house, burglary of a habitation, up it one degree and more jail time. Usually 2-10.
I received a message this morning to call Harris County DA. Only got a voice mail and never received a call back so I called just a few minutes ago. The guy plead out and received 90 day jail time. (Not State Jail) but in HC. I never got to give the DA details of this scum bag's knowledge that the business was closed for the death of my Dad, etc. I don't know if the DA would've upped the ante or not. He didn't enter the building so there was no burglary. I must commend the Pasadena PD detective who upped the charge to theft of metal, otherwise it would have just been felony tresspass. The property is properly posted. I got the guy's name from the Asst DA, but she wouldn't give me any info on his prior conviction/s. Only that he's done jail time at least once.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Thief Caught in the Act

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote: I received a message this morning to call Harris County DA. Only got a voice mail and never received a call back so I called just a few minutes ago. The guy plead out and received 90 day jail time.
That was quick. He'll be chillin'.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”