Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by Paladin »

parabelum wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:38 am
Paladin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:19 am This was a planned attack by at least one very sick individual: Uvalde Gunman Made Three Facebook Posts 30 Minutes Before Attack
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Uvalde shooter made three facebook posts in the 30 minutes before yesterday's attack:

- "I'm going to shoot my grandmother."

- "I shot my grandmother."

- "I'm going to shoot an elementary school."
In cases like this, which appears to be financed with at least $5,000, I always wonder if someone put him up to it.
I noticed that one AR he used appears to be Daniel Defense DDM4 V11 by the online pics. It took me years to be able to afford to buy one myself, with a $2k sticker. I too am wondering how an 18 year old can afford that. Looking at what is in the media about him, it doesn’t appear that he was a rich kid.
Clearly not a rich kid. He worked at Wendy's$12-13/hr, which might net him enough to pay for gas these days.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:19 am This was a planned attack by at least one very sick individual: Uvalde Gunman Made Three Facebook Posts 30 Minutes Before Attack
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Uvalde shooter made three facebook posts in the 30 minutes before yesterday's attack:

In cases like this, which appears to be financed with at least $5,000, I always wonder if someone put him up to it.
I noticed that one AR he used appears to be Daniel Defense DDM4 V11 by the online pics. It took me years to be able to afford to buy one myself, with a $2k sticker. I too am wondering how an 18 year old can afford that. Looking at what is in the media about him, it doesn’t appear that he was a rich kid.
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think we’re going to find out that he was able to afford at least one DDM4 V11 (maybe two) by one of three means:

1. Prostitution.
2. He stole it from his grandmother (or someone else).
3. He was financed by a 3rd party who was setting up a false flag op.

Nobody has stepped up to this point and said, "oh, he was our employee", so it seems highly unlikely to me that he earned the money by legitimate means. (Edited to add…I didn’t see Paladin's post above about the Wendy's job until after I posted.)
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think we’re going to find out that he was able to afford at least one DDM4 V11 (maybe two) by one of three means:

1. Prostitution.
3. He was financed by a 3rd party who was setting up a false flag op.

Nobody has stepped up to this point and said, "oh, he was our employee", so it seems highly unlikely to me that he earned the money by legitimate means. (Edited to add…I didn’t see Paladin's post above about the Wendy's job until after I posted.)
Interesting to say the least. As soon as saw rifles used, I thought to myself, here we have someone who is using not a $500 cheap AR15 but a quality one that unfortunately for victims minimized chance for jams etc.

philip964
Posts in topic: 53

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/police-wa ... ing-spree/

Police waited to enter as shooter went on killing spree.

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas ... 83df6e4683

Bystanders upset police did not enter the school.

It is being reported he did not drive, and did not have a drivers license.

Who drove him to practice with the rifle?

https://www.startribune.com/texas-gunma ... 600176290/

This thoughtful article seems to show he drives, had a stutter and slurred his words, which was why he was bullied. Interviews many people who knew him. Uncle took him hunting. Bad home life with drug is mom.
Last edited by philip964 on Thu May 26, 2022 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasSully »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am

1. Prostitution.
3. He was financed by a 3rd party who was setting up a false flag op.(A Certain Elderly Billionaire comes to mind)

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I should also add that DD rifle looks to be equipped with an Eotech optic, another pricey item for an 18 yr old. Stinks. Definitely odd.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

parabelum wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:08 am I should also add that DD rifle looks to be equipped with an Eotech optic, another pricey item for an 18 yr old. Stinks. Definitely odd.
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/ ... ge-169.jpg

EOTECH XPS prices are $609-725 on Eotech's website.

DDM4®V7® lists at $1,870.00 on Daniel Defense's website

He also is said to have had body armor.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Paladin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:45 am
parabelum wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:08 am I should also add that DD rifle looks to be equipped with an Eotech optic, another pricey item for an 18 yr old. Stinks. Definitely odd.

Really makes you wonder how an 18 year old who worked at Wendy’s was able to get high end ARs, high end optic, and I am sure the armor was also not bottom of the barrel either. Not to mention mags and ammo he had on him. I think TAMs suppositions appear more and more plausible, especially the 3rd one.
All the best gear to commit that heinous slaughter of little kids.

Most kids his age are not well versed in what gear is quality. Most would buy entry level stuff.
Last edited by parabelum on Thu May 26, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Like many issues surrounding this, I am simply speculating here. Maybe he got that money from his grand mother. Either stolen or given as gift for some reason. Not everybody puts all their money in the bank. She could have had money stashed from years of savings. Maybe it was in the bank and he got her pass code and withdrew it from ATM's over time. They all say he had a argument with his grand mother that erupted into him shooting her. It could have been she discovered the money missing and challenged him on it.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Anecdotally, street prices for most desirable ARs seem to be higher than MSRP.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/loca ... -548565605

May 2018 two middle schoolers arrested for plotting Columbine type attack on their classmates in Uvalde, Texas. They would be 18 now.

Would they now be legally allowed to buy guns? Is it the same guy?

10,000 people in Uvalde, what are the odds there are two sets of kids wanting to murder classmates in a Columbine type massacre.
Last edited by philip964 on Thu May 26, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Mike S »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:56 am

Anecdotally, street prices for most desirable ARs seem to be higher than MSRP.
The initial media reports were inaccurate; he did not have body armor. He was wearing a tactical vest, but did not have ballistic plates.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

They just had another news conference. Many of the details seem to be changing as they investigate. Now they are saying no school resource officer confronted him. He simply walked right in through an open door.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school ... -classroom

Hard to imagine this much evil in someone.

Survivor tells that Shooter told classroom of kids “time to die”.

extremist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by extremist »

The pictures the media (Guardian) of the rifles appear to be as noted a DDM4V7 with an Eotech and a Springfield Saint.

So, it's shaping up to be another incident where police who get to be armed everywhere with no restrictions and some arguably have less training than a good percentage of LTC holders who shoot IDPA and USPSA and have other training, and yet stand around for an hour while the active murder goes about his business. When seconds count, the SWAT team is 60 minutes away. The police have no duty to protect, and it shows.

Big difference today between this and the Austin Tower murderer huh?
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “The Crime Blotter”