GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 50

Re: GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:iagree:

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K.Mooneyham »

SNIP:
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:24 am
My issue with all this from the start was these two chasing this Arbery character down rather than letting the cops handle it.
So, that statement there sums up my biggest problem with this incident. First of all, I'm not sure whose house the new construction was. However, I distinctly remember the case of Mr. Fish and how much pain and trouble he went through "doing the right thing" trying to protect his neighbor's home, and those two he shot were engaged in criminal activity. Second, an LTC isn't a "Batman license", but whether the shooter had one or not, that general idea still holds. Third, the police get PAID, at least nominally in the interest of the taxpayers, to track down and catch criminals or suspected criminals, and they get leeway because of that, everyone else does not. Finally, "citizens arrest", IMHO, means catching the person engaged directly in a crime, and holding them there for the police, not after the fact down the road some distance.

I am NOT condoning criminal behavior and I am NOT taking up for any criminals or soft-pedaling criminal activity. I'm pointing out that those two, via their own actions, put themselves into a situation they didn't need to be in, one way or another. The consequences will range outside of what happens to them because of it.

However, I despise the mass news media hype machine, as they are applying every effort to turn this into GZ/TM, Part 2.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Post by philip964 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:19 am SNIP:
My issue with all this from the start was these two chasing this Arbery character down rather than letting the cops handle it.
So, that statement there sums up my biggest problem with this incident. First of all, I'm not sure whose house the new construction was. However, I distinctly remember the case of Mr. Fish and how much pain and trouble he went through "doing the right thing" trying to protect his neighbor's home, and those two he shot were engaged in criminal activity. Second, an LTC isn't a "Batman license", but whether the shooter had one or not, that general idea still holds. Third, the police get PAID, at least nominally in the interest of the taxpayers, to track down and catch criminals or suspected criminals, and they get leeway because of that, everyone else does not. Finally, "citizens arrest", IMHO, means catching the person engaged directly in a crime, and holding them there for the police, not after the fact down the road some distance.

I am NOT condoning criminal behavior and I am NOT taking up for any criminals or soft-pedaling criminal activity. I'm pointing out that those two, via their own actions, put themselves into a situation they didn't need to be in, one way or another. The consequences will range outside of what happens to them because of it.

However, I despise the mass news media hype machine, as they are applying every effort to turn this into GZ/TM, Part 2.

And I agree being a looky look at a house is something I’ve done before. Not anymore but in the past. Most construction is fenced now.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/gbi ... r80R7CTnL/

Link to new video.

Link to video at construction site.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:06 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:19 am SNIP:

And I agree being a looky look at a house is something I’ve done before. Not anymore but in the past. Most construction is fenced now.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/gbi ... r80R7CTnL/

Link to new video.
I have also gone browsing through homes under construction. Especially when I was in the market for a home. I just wanted to see what was being done with new homes vs the pre owned I was looking at with a realtor.

XDgal
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XDgal »

This was posted last night. I found it quiet eye opening. I know Stefan Molyneux is controversial, but all of the previous dozens or so of his videos I've watched, he has been pretty spot on. Something I haven't seen on MSM is revealed at the 31:00 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2M5Zh-ek9M
XDgal
XDgal

03Lightningrocks

XDgal wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:15 pm This was posted last night. I found it quiet eye opening. I know Stefan Molyneux is controversial, but all of the previous dozens or so of his videos I've watched, he has been pretty spot on. Something I haven't seen on MSM is revealed at the 31:00 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2M5Zh-ek9M
XDgal
Weird. It is marked private on every site I try it on.

XDgal
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XDgal »

I'll see if I can get it to play from his Page. This is direct to his pagehttps://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot
XDgal

03Lightningrocks

XDgal wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:53 pm I'll see if I can get it to play from his Page. This is direct to his pagehttps://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot
WooHoo! That works! Thank You.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://fox8.com/news/georgia-attorney- ... bery-case/

Georgia Attorney General asks Federal DOJ to investigate the investigation of the killing/murder of the burglar/jogger.

And this is before a grand jury has indicted the father and son and/or video maker. Let alone be convicted of anything.

Two local district attorneys recused themselves. So a DA in third location that’s not near where this happened gets to be investigated by the feds. I’m sure he’s happy about it.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/man-recorded-ahm ... 22617.html

Man who video taped Killing/murder cooperated with police from the beginning and is now being investigated.

He has been receiving death threats.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 42

Post by oljames3 »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:36 am https://news.yahoo.com/man-recorded-ahm ... 22617.html

Man who video taped Killing/murder cooperated with police from the beginning and is now being investigated.

Death threats; the beginning of the lynch mob. A fact-based, thoughtful discussion of this incident can be productive. However, it is nearly impossible to have such a discussion without a clear understanding of GA law. This will have to play out in the GA courts, but I expect it will first be tried in by the media in the court of uninformed public opinion. An example of this, of course, is the media furor surrounding the George Zimmerman trial. I hope that GA is able to avoid a similar travesty and arrive at the truth.

https://lawofselfdefense.com/the-zimmer ... -analysis/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:36 am https://news.yahoo.com/man-recorded-ahm ... 22617.html

Like, real death threats, or just the normal, every-day, kind?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

Those guys should have been released on bail. They have not even been indicted and one D.A. looked at the case and refused to file charges.
I guess they cannot afford a good lawyer to file the necessary paperwork to get em out.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

dlh wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:19 pm Those guys should have been released on bail. They have not even been indicted and one D.A. looked at the case and refused to file charges.
I guess they cannot afford a good lawyer to file the necessary paperwork to get em out.
So is everyone thinking this has become political, or is it just me.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... anded.html

“Ahmaud Arbery's autopsy has revealed the 25-year-old was killed by two close-range gunshot wounds to the chest and that he was also shot in the hand when he was chased down and shot by a white father and son vigilante duo in Brunswick, Georgia, in February.”

This is troubling for the father/son.

I assumed all along a struggle for the gun and it discharged.

I’m assuming the son may have fired now from the pick up truck bed and that is the hand wound. Now I see why he was charged.

Wish they would tell us the long gun. A two shot shotgun? Semi automatic? Pump action?

Looking to charge with hate crime. There is also news out there that the DA blocked their arrest by the police.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”