TargetMasters or Garland Public Shooting range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Wildscar
Posts in topic: 5

TargetMasters or Garland Public Shooting range

Post by Wildscar »

Been thinking about going to rent a gun or two to get a feel for what I would like to get for myself. Since the last time I was a range was back in high school at the campus ROTC rifle range. I was wondering. Which place would be a better experience for my first Pubic range experience? I know gun safety but I am unfamiliar with range etiquette. Any advice would be helpful.

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nitrogen »

I'd actually suggest you check out The Bullet Trap, in Plano.
They have an excellent selection of guns to rent, and have better customer service than Targetmasters. GPSR is okay, but I think if you're looking at guns to rent, Bullet Trap is the best in the area in my opinion.

I'd be happy to go with ya if you'd like; I can always use an excuse to shoot!
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

Excellent suggestion nitrogen!

I've only been there once, but the range officers are very watchful and I'm sure if you asked them to, they'd be glad to walk you through a nice, safe shooting experience.

(During my only shooting session there, my glasses fogged up so I took them off to let them get some air. I took one shot and got a tap on the shoulder. Yep, it was the range officer reminding me that I needed to wear eye protection.) :oops:

Topic author
Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

thanks for the suggestion. Ill look them up for prices and what not. Ill let yall know which on eI decide on and when I decide ill be going.

XoZe

Post by XoZe »

nitrogen wrote:I'd actually suggest you check out The Bullet Trap, in Plano.
They have an excellent selection of guns to rent, and have better customer service than Targetmasters. GPSR is okay, but I think if you're looking at guns to rent, Bullet Trap is the best in the area in my opinion.

I'd be happy to go with ya if you'd like; I can always use an excuse to shoot!
x2...I am a member there and really enjoy the atmosphere there. & it doesn't get too crowded, I've never had to wait!

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

Member @ Targetmaster in Garland...nice family owned and operated. Plenty of rental guns and good selection of new and 'previously used' handguns..both SA and NSA. Bought my 239 and wifes Lady Smith .38 spl there....

Be safe and shoot well. :lol:
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

jclif1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jclif1995 »

I second Bullet Trap. I've been shooting there for several years and everyone knows me. I'll rent guns from time to time and the range officer will walk me through the gun if it is not one I've fired before. Now that is service!
john

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

I was at Bullet Trap Monday for the first time in YEARS. It was a pleasurable expereince, and I like the range.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

I think I will make my next range trip at this location. Its twice as far as TargetMasters. If its as good as yall say it is then It will probably be worth it.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

Went to the 'Trap on Saturday (my b-day party. yes, I turned 12).
Man, we had a blast! (Pun intended)
I'm thinking of getting a membership there, as I want to go shooting more often, and $28 a pop is a bit to slap down, everytime I go (it's my ol' lady and I).
couple other places I want to check out first, though.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Is it $28 to shoot ONCE?????? That's too rich for my blood.

How much is the membership?

JRG

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

JRG wrote:Is it $28 to shoot ONCE?????? That's too rich for my blood.

How much is the membership?

JRG
That was two shooters.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

Co-worker and I went by Bullet Trap today after installing some equipment in an office building near by. All I can say is I wish I had brought my gun with me. Would have been nice to check out the range. But we did get a chance to look around and handle a few different handguns. I think my co-worker is settling in a couple different ones. Nice store. The guy that was helpin us out was pretty cool. Was a good experience.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

QB

Post by QB »

I was a member of Bullet Trap for years. There used to be a couple of arrogant employees but the others were nice. For some reason I tired of Bullet Trap and joined DFW Gun Club last year. I renewed my CHL at Targetmasters and although the instructor was poor, I liked the range and owners/employees. So this year I joined Targetmasters and really like them so far. All three ranges are about the same distance from where I live so location was not an issue.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

Lately I've been going out to Garland Public range because they'll let me set up my chrony. Can't do that at any of the indoor ranges that I know of. I'm still a member of Bullet Trap. Expires end of this month, so I'm not sure if I'll renew or not. They did me wrong on a few things, but that's another story.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Return to “Shooting Ranges”