It's Coming - Tactical Edge Shooting Center in Roanoke

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FrEaK_aCcIdEnT »

I went out there to see how far they were along int he build.

They havent even broke ground yet. How do they plan on opening if they dont even get building...

All they have is a sign up on the lot where it will be built. No equipment or nothing. just lush green lot. Nothing has been done. :evil:

Maybe its already a bust :?:

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Thanks for the report. I was looking forward to this too, but it appears it just is not going to happen.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Jason73
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jason73 »

everyday as Im heading home on 170 I look off to the north at this location, hoping to see even the smallest sign of work being done, but alas it remains an empty field with no sign of ANYTHING being done, I agree with TXI, I think its a bust too - now I gotta keep going to Winchester down in the "hood" :twisted:

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Right2Carry »

Jason73 wrote:everyday as Im heading home on 170 I look off to the north at this location, hoping to see even the smallest sign of work being done, but alas it remains an empty field with no sign of ANYTHING being done, I agree with TXI, I think its a bust too - now I gotta keep going to Winchester down in the "hood" :twisted:
There is nothing wrong with winchester, just the part of town it's in, lo. You could always join arlington sportsman club which is in mansfield.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Post by FrEaK_aCcIdEnT »

Right2Carry wrote:
Jason73 wrote:everyday as Im heading home on 170 I look off to the north at this location, hoping to see even the smallest sign of work being done, but alas it remains an empty field with no sign of ANYTHING being done, I agree with TXI, I think its a bust too - now I gotta keep going to Winchester down in the "hood" :twisted:
There is nothing wrong with winchester, just the part of town it's in, lo. You could always join arlington sportsman club which is in mansfield.
Winchester wont let you holster draw. Thats what i was looking forward to. I go to Winchester mostly right now. The area is just an older one. I dont have a problem with it.

CHL/LEO

Post by CHL/LEO »

I passed by there yesterday, and there are obvious signs of activity! Bulldozers, earthmovers, and such. So, looks like they are finally underway!
What happened? It sounds like all the equipment was there and they were starting construction.
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I sent them email via their website, asking for a status update. Here's the reply:
We are currently in the middle of construction loan closure. To stay up todate on our progress, please add your name to our mailing list within the"About Us" section on our website.

Thank you.

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

Right2Carry wrote: There is nothing wrong with winchester, just the part of town it's in, lo. You could always join arlington sportsman club which is in mansfield.

There is plenty wrong with Winchester Gallery:

1. Many of the people that shoot there never clean up after themselves, nothing is more annoying than getting a lane and having it full of brass and the used target still hanging!

2. The ventilation system is terrible, specially when the guy in the next lane is firing Wolf ammo - GAG!

3. They wont allow drawing from a holster. This one really drives me crazy :mad:

4. Their ammo prices are insane. :shock:

5. One particular employee there has the personality of a stuffed and mounted fish & it seems every time I go he is the only one there - so much for having any questions answered!

6. EVERY TIME I go there I can never rent the Desert Eagle because its always broken! :cry: :razz:

Don't get me wrong, Winchester Galllery does have its good points too, the lack of time limits on the range is very nice, can shoot all day for one fee and Robert Carrier (manager) is a great guy. Gotta love the Glock pic signed by R. Lee Ermy too, SEMPER FI!

<steps off rant box>

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Post by FrEaK_aCcIdEnT »

i agreee with the ventilation point!

I always clean up my brass and alot of other peoples brass. Its one of my pet-peeves too! I have left a target once or twice, but i was in a hurry to leave both times. Stayed past closing and didnt notice it was so late. in a hurry cleaning and packing. But the staff has always been cool about it.

I cant find any range that will let you holster draw unless your in a club of some sort.

I always make sure i have enough ammo before going to the range.

I really hope they get everything together to get tactical edge up and running. better late than never is fine with me. :lol:

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

Any news about the status of this range? Its still a field of weeds, sitting on the side of 377. It would be really unfortunate if it never gets built as it promises to be a spectacular range.

Xander

Post by Xander »

Jason73 wrote:Any news about the status of this range? Its still a field of weeds, sitting on the side of 377. It would be really unfortunate if it never gets built as it promises to be a spectacular range.
Personally, I'd be surprised if it gets built after the events in June.
http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... php?t=7949

Return to “Shooting Ranges”