PSC (Pearland Shooting Center). Anyone here a member?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

gclooney
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PSC (Pearland Shooting Center). Anyone here a member?

Post by gclooney »

Metalaxe wrote:I live in the League City area and recently went to PSC to check out an IDPA match as my buddy is trying to get me into it. Anyway, the place looked awesome and everyone was really nice. It was a nice change of pace to my normal ranges which are Clear Creek Gun Range and the Arms Room. As an avid shooter it has just become too expensive to shoot at Clear Creek Gun Range as they charge per gun and do not have a membership program. Sometimes I only need to go out and shoot off a few and it's hard to justify spending $40 to try out a few rounds of new ammo.

Getting to the point, does anyone know how long the wait list really is or rather how long it may take? It's really close to me and looks awesome, but I need to find a solution to my current shooting arrangement as it really is bleeding me. I want to hold out for PSC but I fear I may wait and still never hear back from them/never have a spot open up. I thought someone here may be in the know and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas!

Great range. Been a member for almost 3 years now. Women get bumped to the top of the list, so if you want to get on quickly get your GF/wife/mother etc to join. They can always bring you as a guest and you guys can practice together.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TexasCajun »

The membership renewal process for this year is about to her under way. That's probably when the most spots will open up. I got in as they were finishing up the membership system conversion earlier this year. I'm not sure what the expected wait time is now, but go ahead & sign up. It doesn't cost anything to get on the list.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TexasCajun wrote:The membership renewal process for this year is about to her under way. That's probably when the most spots will open up. I got in as they were finishing up the membership system conversion earlier this year. I'm not sure what the expected wait time is now, but go ahead & sign up. It doesn't cost anything to get on the list.
At some point in the very near future we'll suspend New Member Orientations until the renewal process is complete. That's a lot of work and it's done almost exclusively by our Membership Director who also conducts Orientations. Since he has a real job also, there simply isn't enough time to do both. Plus, we need to see how many people don't renew to know how many slots will be available. Renewal season begins on April 1st and ends on June 30th.

Hopefully we'll be able to finish Phase II of the Range No. 2 expansion program so we can raise the membership cap. We closely monitor range usage so we don't overload our facilities.

Chas.

Topic author
Metalaxe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Metalaxe »

Got my invitation email a couple days ago. Orientation on Tuesday! Finally! :clapping:

Post by 77346 »

how long was your wait? man, I put my name on the waiting list back in August of '12... perhaps I'm not PSC material :shock:
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Post by canvasbck »

77346 wrote:how long was your wait? man, I put my name on the waiting list back in August of '12... perhaps I'm not PSC material :shock:
While your waiting, start shooting some of the organized matches at PSC (IDPA, USPSA, ETC). They are open to the public and you will have some face time with several board members. The quickest way to the front of the line is for the board to see for themselves that you are a normal person who's safe with firearms and that you play well with others. There is some sort of open to the public event almost every weekend.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

xring
Posts in topic: 11

Post by xring »

That is a great Idea. Are there any skeet trap or 5 stand events ?
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

xring wrote:That is a great Idea. Are there any skeet trap or 5 stand events ?
Yes, PSC has trap and skeet
If I remember right, PSC does trap or skeet every Sunday and maybe Wednesday

Contact the Shotgun Director for more info.
http://www.psc-range.com/index.php/club ... -ed-ramsey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

PSC has trap/skeet & 5stand available Wed noon-4, Sat & Sun 8-3 (but most are finished before noon, so get there early). I haven't seen any shotgun events since joining.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

xring
Posts in topic: 11

Post by xring »

If they are not having events then I am out of luck since I am on the very popular waiting list.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers

Post by 77346 »

canvasback,

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll see if I can make the IDPA match in April. I wasn't aware that these events were open to the public.

Yeah, I'm a normal guy who can play nice with others! :lol:
Alex

Topic author
Metalaxe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Metalaxe »

77346 wrote:how long was your wait? man, I put my name on the waiting list back in August of '12... perhaps I'm not PSC material :shock:
Late may/early June. Not sure of the exact date. I was beginning to think I just wasn't going to hear from them and finally got the notification. Earlier at the orientation they said this was the last one until July. Hopefully you get in soon brother. In the meantime, hit me up if you want to go sometime. I shoot rifles, handguns, shotguns, you name it so I'm always down for whatever. Take it easy.

Post by 77346 »

thanks for the offer, metalaxe... I'll keep that in mind, as would be nice to check out the facilities...
Alex

Kodiak101
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kodiak101 »

I've been a member for the past year and live this place. Are there any members on this board?

I'm very interested in meeting up with some members and shooting each others guns!

For example, I'm very interested in shooting a revolver. I'm looking to buy a 686 4'or 6 inch, but hate to buy one without shooting it first. Also would love to shoot a Python

I have a Glock 23, Sig p2380 and the new ruger 22/45 Lite as well as a LE6940 with eotech xps2-1

Could be fun to shoot a bunch of different guns especially if you are in the market for a new one. Email me and lets put together a club within the club.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Kodiak101 wrote:Are there any members on this board?
There are a lot of members on this forum (me included)

I go every 2-3 weeks and shoot for about 2 hours at a time.

I don't have any revolvers, but wouldn't mind a meet up sometime
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Return to “Shooting Ranges”