The Arms Room is open!

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Arms Room is open!

Post by mrvmax »

With the size of place they have, prices will have to be higher for them to survive. You cannot possibly have a great location with good equipment and facilities and have rock bottom pricing. I imagine their overhead is quite high. Even though they offer FFL transfers with some memberships, most people would never used it enough for it to even out. I hope they do well, but it's too much for me. I'll stick to driving 3 miles to PSC and putting up with the elements.

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 6

Post by gwashorn »

Well, my two cents, or where was it I saw .0125 or something based on inflation. Oh well, I don't have a copy of the membership flyer anymore. I did get a membership but those prices are the INITIAL year and then much lower after that for next years. I did my calculations and over the first year I will barely spend more than an extra $200 for the first year versus not having the Elite. It may not even be that much. Over a 3 year time, I come out ahead on money for shooting. Pricing, well, Walmart is cheap and they seem to be doing just fine. Seriously, if volume is high then prcing will do the trick. Plus I think for total business model is the store and the range together which, one compliments the other. then the classes they offer. So it is a full package business that provides, or at least I am sure they hope, a broad base of ways to succeed. Only time will tell. I certainly wish them well, but I am glad they are there. As for the clothing and other items, I was hoping for a broader offering so for me it is good. I think the amount of weapons they carry or could carry will change as the model changes I suspect. I have ordered directly what I want from them and others. I look, research and find. If Arms Room can get it for a reasonable price then I just order what I want. I got a few of my last ones that way. Then again, wife just bought a new one two nights ago that was in the case.

Also I am a PSC member and I will NEVER give it up. It offers way too much for things I like and want as well. Plus the members and those who run it are top notch in my eyes and I appreciate what they do for me. Just shot IDPA there this morning in fact. I think there is room for all and even more from conversations I hear from people when I am at the range. For me I just smile because I live between the two so I am really good to go.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Made my first trip to the arms room new store and range tonight.

My impression was that the range was awesome! The ventilation was excellent! I didn't take my handguns but took a 10/22 and my ar15 and tried out my new cmmg conversion on it as well. It was nice to be able to shoot as fast as i wanted! The owner was playing range master, and was very friendly and showed me how to use their high-faluten targetry. He also answered my question about changing my bolt carrier out on the range, no problem there. All the staff was very friendly and courteous, and helped me out with the same great attitudes i experienced at the old store.

I'm very impressed at the whole place, and wish them the best!
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

bh28
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bh28 »

So, is the range right next to the same old store location or elsewhere? I bought several guns from Bill and will go back for more. Some special order items just never came in and I had to go elsewhere to find them but for the huge majority of the items, they were fine.
If anyone can tell me where to find their pricing online I'd love to see it.
Do they allow ANY guns at their range or is the usual restrictions? No full-auto, no shotguns, no .50 BMg, etc. ?
Those that believe that men can live in security and safety when deprived of the means to defend themselves are afflicted with a particularly dangerous delusion which is often only curable by the most drastic of measures.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LarryH »

bh28 wrote:So, is the range right next to the same old store location or elsewhere?
It's a few miles from the old location. Exit I-45 at FM 646. It's on the "southeast" corner of the intersection, in the old Circuit City location, if you're familiar with the area.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

As said the old Circuit City store next to Pet Smart I think it is but in front of Home Depot. that is East side of I-45 and South of FM646. Rifles, pistols, shotguns. I do believe full auto is allowed from memory. max rifle is 30.06 I think. Pricing I think is $12/hr as many guns as you want. No per gun charge I think. They have memberships as well for extras.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

teddy salad

Post by teddy salad »

bh28 wrote:Do they allow ANY guns at their range or is the usual restrictions? No full-auto, no shotguns, no .50 BMg, etc. ?
Shotgun is fine. I've used my shotgun there numerous times (#8 shot AND 00 buckshot).

They've ordered some full-auto weapons for rental so I assume they will allow personal full-auto weapons, but I would check with them first. (Actually a friend shot a full-auto M4 there during the "grand opening" party a couple weekends ago, but it was owned by a range employee.)

Lastly, according to Bill James, the range was built to handle .50 BMG, but they don't allow it at this time due to the dB level of that round. Supppressed BMG anyone? :???:

Return to “Shooting Ranges”