Where do most of you shoot at?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

isa268
Posts in topic: 1

Post by isa268 »

59 althought i havent been there in a little while after finding better ranges.

Passadena shooting center

Top Gun

and ASC althought i havent been out there in a long time as it is a long drive for me and i'm no longer sighting my hunting rifles in. i'll probably make a trip out there soon as i just got my grandfathers .22 and want to do some plinking with it.

Plink
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Plink »

quidni, are you in El Paso too?
Mike

quidni

Post by quidni »

Plink wrote:quidni, are you in El Paso too?
Yessir, the family's been here since '86-ish.

Ever been to the Mission del Paso indoor range?
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

HOSSISFREE

Post by HOSSISFREE »

Lately I have been shooting at Hot Wells on the south side feeder of Hwy 290 just east of Skinner Rd. That's just because it's on my way home from work. I am in search of a good range to shoot at in the Tomball area. Carter's Country on Treachwig is o.k., but too many people that don't know how to handle a gun. For those that want to rent a few different guns before spending the money on buying one, I recommend Texas Shooters. Their site seems to be down, but here is a map to their location on Witte Rd. West of Houston.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?&addr= ... n+TX+77055[/url]

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

There's a place about 15 minutes north of Bellville I go to. $50.00 a year to join. Bout a 50 minute drive for me but I like it up there.

mschadt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mschadt »

HOSSISFREE wrote:For those that want to rent a few different guns before spending the money on buying one, I recommend Texas Shooters. Their site seems to be down, but here is a map to their location on Witte Rd. West of Houston.
Anyone been there recently? (Like in the last week or two)

They were closed "Permanently" last time drove by there. And, the signs had changed to Memorial Shooting Range (or Memorial something or other). Although, when I was home last I noticed a little sign on the side of the road in my neighborhood advertising it, so maybe they were just remodeling, change of ownership or something. I've never shot there; cigarette smoke annoys the heck out of me. The few times I’ve been in there, it was like getting hit with pepper spray.

Edit: I did some browsing and found it's now "Memorial Oaks Shooting Club" I haven't been able to find a website for them yet, I did find an IDPA club that meets there on some tuesdays. I'll have to check 'em out next time I'm in Houston. Here's the PDO info on them

BobCat
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BobCat »

one eyed fatman,

Please say more about the place near Bellville. Is it pistol only or rifle too? What ranges (distances) do they have? Is it a member club (sounds like it - $50 to join - but that is cheap if it is a safe facility).

Do you know the name of the club, and do they have a web site or any other way to get more information?

I still like Bayou Rifles - the Juliff range is great, and has ranges from 15 to 1,000 yards - but Bellville is closer to where I live.

Thanks in advance for any info you provide.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

mschadt wrote:
HOSSISFREE wrote:For those that want to rent a few different guns before spending the money on buying one, I recommend Texas Shooters. Their site seems to be down, but here is a map to their location on Witte Rd. West of Houston.
Anyone been there recently? (Like in the last week or two)
We held one of our monthly matches there about a month ago.
As far as I know....they had no guns to rent.

mschadt wrote:They were closed "Permanently" last time drove by there. And, the signs had changed to Memorial Shooting Range (or Memorial something or other). Although, when I was home last I noticed a little sign on the side of the road in my neighborhood advertising it, so maybe they were just remodeling, change of ownership or something. I've never shot there; cigarette smoke annoys the heck out of me. The few times I’ve been in there, it was like getting hit with pepper spray.

Edit: I did some browsing and found it's now "Memorial Oaks Shooting Club" I haven't been able to find a website for them yet, I did find an IDPA club that meets there on some tuesdays. I'll have to check 'em out next time I'm in Houston. Here's the PDO info on them
Our match was moved to Memorial Oaks indoor range due to inclement weather (we usually hold matches outdoors).

The place was OK. I spoke with one of the owners (who also teaches self-defense classes, CHL, and body guard training there). He said they are still in the process of remodeling, and have big plans for the place. The range is wide, with several bays, and about 15 yds deep. The targets are held on overhead trolleys with the old-school style hand-crank to run them in and out. I will give the place a solid recommendation when they get the ventilation system worked out. When we were there, the ventilation system wasn't working at all. :sad: I'm sure you can imagine what that would be like with 22 shooters and 100+ rounds each.

I would recommend you call before you haul to see if they have the air filters up and running yet.
Contact Matt 281-752-0911

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

BobCat wrote:one eyed fatman,

Please say more about the place near Bellville. Is it pistol only or rifle too? What ranges (distances) do they have? Is it a member club (sounds like it - $50 to join - but that is cheap if it is a safe facility).

Do you know the name of the club, and do they have a web site or any other way to get more information?

I still like Bayou Rifles - the Juliff range is great, and has ranges from 15 to 1,000 yards - but Bellville is closer to where I live.

Thanks in advance for any info you provide.

Regards,
Andrew
No way dude. This a a top secret organzation. Only the good the bad and the ugly can be accepted as members there. But for 19.95 I'll send you the secret handshake and rules of engagement. But wait! If you call now I'll include free targets and a lifetime membership to Joe's bar and grill.

Or I could just tell you who to contact. Secret PM sent.

jbenat
Posts in topic: 6

Where I used to shoot!!!!!

Post by jbenat »

I used to shoot at Backwoods Trap just N. of Frisco & Little Elm on Hwy 380. Went there yesterday and it had been sold to a developer. The last day open was Saturday, 15th of April. I'm really gonna miss that place since it"s only 10 minutes from my house.

Now it will be Collin County Gun Range in McKinney or The Bullet Trap in Plano. Shot at C.C.G. R. with Reysc and Leo ( Reysc's bro. in law that he bounced a ricochet off his head) yesterday. Had a great time.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

cwt33

Post by cwt33 »

TERRELL RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB

http://www.tr-pc.com/

Private club but well worth the drive. 25,50,100,200 yard range with a clubhouse. Skeet and trap as well.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Welcome to the forum. See this is your 1st post. Give us one in the General Gun Section under Introduce yourself. YOu will get a lot of welcomes & we will get acquainted faster. Welcome aboard.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

Winchester Gallery in east Fort Worth.
The Shooters Club in north/central Fort Worth.
Elk Castle Range in west Fort Worth.
On Target in Benbrook (south west Fort Worth).

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Looks like you have a range for whichever part of FW you happen to be. :lol:

tvone

Post by tvone »

I'm in the mid-cities also. I live in Arlington, work in Fort Worth.

On my lunch hour, I head to Alpine for shotgun stuff. Usually will buy a box of clays and hit the practice fields. For pistols, I head up to Shooter's Club indoor, just north of downtown FW.

Weekends, I head to TDSA. It's a private shooting range 20 minutes south of Dallas. It takes me 45 minutes to get there, but it's a great place to run drills.
Carbine, shotguns, and pistols.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”