What is your favorite range?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

smokindragon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What is your favorite range?

Post by smokindragon »

On Target in Whiskey Flats at the intersection of 377 and 1187 is the best around for me, they stay open later than everyone else... Nice indoor range..
"WARNING: Driver only carries $20 Dollars worth of ammunition"

Springfield XD.40 subcompact
Remington 597 .22

NAA .22 Long Rifle Mini-Revolver w/holster grip

Clint- Fort Worth
Tx-CHL Holder

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Found this list of DFW gun ranges. http://falarak.com/ranges.aspx

I usually shoot my hand guns at Bullet Trap. I have a membership there, so the range fees are real reasonable. There are dividers between the bays, which make you feel like you have your "space". They are putting in new ventilation systems as I type this. I am fortunate to be able to shoot there on week days(usually first thing in the morning) so I avoid the crowds. I went in there on a Sunday a month or so ago and it was wall to wall people. I didn't even think about shooting in that crowd. I recommend a weekday visit, if you can swing it.

jbenat
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jbenat »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Found this list of DFW gun ranges. http://falarak.com/ranges.aspx

I usually shoot my hand guns at Bullet Trap. I have a membership there, so the range fees are real reasonable. There are dividers between the bays, which make you feel like you have your "space". They are putting in new ventilation systems as I type this. I am fortunate to be able to shoot there on week days(usually first thing in the morning) so I avoid the crowds. I went in there on a Sunday a month or so ago and it was wall to wall people. I didn't even think about shooting in that crowd. I recommend a weekday visit, if you can swing it.
We shoot at the B.T. about once or twice a month, usually on Friday after about 5:00 PM. Not too crowded then either. The last time we shot there (about two weeks ago), before they started renovation, we has some people from my wife's office that we are introducing to shooting and a few experienced shooters. We had lots of nice guns to try out and all the lanes in the back room (lanes 14 - 18) and one rifle range being used by our group. Great fun, but I had to spend a lot of time with the newbies, mostly telling them to keep their gun down range and finger off the trigger until on target. There were quite a few people from India in the newbie group. Indian people like to shoot and send pictures home showing them shooting in America. Funny thing though, the indian women seem to shoot better than the Indian men. Mostly because they will follow instructions more readily.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jbenat wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Found this list of DFW gun ranges. http://falarak.com/ranges.aspx

We shoot at the B.T. about once or twice a month, usually on Friday after about 5:00 PM. Not too crowded then either. The last time we shot there (about two weeks ago), before they started renovation, we has some people from my wife's office that we are introducing to shooting and a few experienced shooters. We had lots of nice guns to try out and all the lanes in the back room (lanes 14 - 18) and one rifle range being used by our group. Great fun, but I had to spend a lot of time with the newbies, mostly telling them to keep their gun down range and finger off the trigger until on target. There were quite a few people from India in the newbie group. Indian people like to shoot and send pictures home showing them shooting in America. Funny thing though, the indian women seem to shoot better than the Indian men. Mostly because they will follow instructions more readily.
It's been my experience that women tend to shoot better then men of equal experience no matter where they are from :mrgreen: . I shoot there once or twice a week. I seem to do better when I quit after firing a couple hundred rounds. Many more than that and it starts feeling like a workout. You must have some serious patience to work with multiple newbie shooters. The renovation is supposedly almost done. They have a couple bays open, but it is obvious construction is in the process. It should be nice when done. They are upgrading the lighting as well as the ventilation. As a matter of fact, the bays you where shooting on where the ones with the most problems keeping the air cleared.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Spoke with Mike this morning. The Bullet Trap range is totally closed back down for another couple of days, but they hope to have it permanently open by Thursday or Friday this week.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jbenat
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jbenat »

Keith B wrote:Spoke with Mike this morning. The Bullet Trap range is totally closed back down for another couple of days, but they hope to have it permanently open by Thursday or Friday this week.
Good. My wife is going to be out of town this weekend so maybe I can go shoot a liitle by myself. Bet it will be crowded though. :fire
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

red2000vette

Re: What is your favorite range - BassPro at Grapevine Mills

Post by red2000vette »

BassPro at Grapevine Mills. 8.00 to shoot and hardly ever had to wait. Ammo is as cheap there as anywhere else.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”