TargetMasters or Garland Public Shooting range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Wildscar
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Wildscar »

age_ranger wrote:Lately I've been going out to Garland Public range because they'll let me set up my chrony. Can't do that at any of the indoor ranges that I know of. I'm still a member of Bullet Trap. Expires end of this month, so I'm not sure if I'll renew or not. They did me wrong on a few things, but that's another story.
Thats another range I have been wanting to visit. However, The way the weathers been lately it wont be any time soon. :lol:
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

USMC_1983-89
Posts in topic: 1

Post by USMC_1983-89 »

The only complaint I have with Target Master is sometimes it gets hot in the pistol range. I don't recall the rifle side being that warm...

Anyway, I'd like to give the Bullet Trap a try too.
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

davefrmmrfy

Post by davefrmmrfy »

I think you'll find the same thing at Garland Public... especially about 3:00 with the sun out.

This is the range I use. I can't afford Bullet Trap right now.

JRG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JRG »

Where is Bullet Trap located?

Joe

jclif1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jclif1995 »

Bullet Trap is in Plano on Ave K between Park and Parker. It is on the N/E quad of Ave K and Park up from the fast food place and down from the chinese restaurant.
john

killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Here is their website.

http://www.bullettrapinc.com/
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

cymru

Post by cymru »

We are members at the bullet trap, it used to get quite hot in there, but they recently installed more fans so is more comfortable, by being a member its only $7 per session.

jbenat

Bullet Trap is OK.....

Post by jbenat »

Last Sunday my wife & I were to meet a friend of hers from work at the Garland Public Range. This was the 1st time we ever tried to shoot there so we didn't know what to expect. When we got there and finally found a parking space we went in and were told they didn't accept plastic, only cash or check. Since we came a long way from north west Frisco to get there and didn't have cash or a check with us, we just decided to go to the Bullet Trap where we have been a member for quite some time. She called her friend and had her meet us there instead. We got there about noon when they opened and had a great time. We got three lanes together (rare on weekends) so we were able to socialize a bit.
The Bullet Trap has pull up targets and a great selection of toys to look at. We have bought three guns from them and appreciate the employees friendlyness. I especially appreciate Jerome who found my MP 9 compact magazine for me that I had knocked off behind the shooting bench and saved it for me.
I guess I expected the Garland Public outdoor range to be kinda like the old Backwoods Trap outdoor range up on the Hwy 380 before it shut down. No comparison but it would probably be ok for a week day shoot. It looks like development is moving close to the Garland Range so I don't expect it to be around very much longer either as soon as the soccer moms go into a rant. :sad:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Return to “Shooting Ranges”